I was caught by a red light camera.
While on the intersection line, the yellow light turned red. The roas was slippery (I was not speeding) and preferred to continue.
I have not received any mail about it yet, but I guess it'll happen
I'd like to know
1) How much would be the fine and how many demerit points ?
2) would it affect my insurance, would it affect my driving record ?
3) Is it advantageous to go to a prosecutor and plead guilty ?
1) Since the driver cannot be identified with a red light camera ticket, there are no demerit points, just a fine. I believe the fine is $325.
2) No, that would only come into play if you were stopped by the police and identified as the actual driver.
3) Typically they will offer you a reduced fine in exchange for pleading guilty.
Thanks for the clarifications. I'd like just to double check one thing:
If I go to a prosecutor and plead guilty (which may result in a reduced fine), that would not affect my driving record nor my insurance, right ?
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest