Lucky999

Red Light Camera Flashed While Sitting At Light.

by: Lucky999 on

I was waiting at a light while it was red. I was in the left turning lane waiting for the light to turn green when the camera snapped a photo. I doubt I touched the line it was right before the light turned green. I don’t believe my bumper was touching the white line or anything.. is this normal? Or was I like touching the line like an inch or something?

Lucky999

by: Lucky999 on

It’s possible someone made a right not sure.. I was literally sitting at the light and waiting for a green other side turned red so I was waiting and I rolled an inch if anything... then light turned green right after.. it was all within a few seconds I was stopped for the whole red light though.. I don’t believe I rolled over or anything if I rolled it was literally an inch.. anticipating the green.. Camera flashed but it was a busy intersection was sure if it was for me or not..

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

The way these cameras work is that they take two photos back to back.

The first photo will show the vehicle right before the line and the traffic light. The purpose of this photo is to show that the light was already red before the vehicle passes any marked lines.

The second photo will show the vehicle in the intersection. The purpose of this photo is to show the light has remained red and the vehicle has not stopped.

Along with these photos will be the speed of the vehicle which triggers the camera.

This whole process is initiated when the camera detects that there is a vehicle travelling at a certain speed and it is mathematically impossible for that vehicle to stop before the line.

These cameras are not designed to trigger when an already stopped vehicle moves slightly over the line.

Post a Reply