A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

macgal

Ticket For Blue Headlights

by: macgal on

Hi everyone on my way in to work I got a sweet $110.00 ticket for having BLUE lights

it was HIGHWAY TRAFFIC ACT - 62(14.1) 139.3 Unauthorized red and blue lights at front — commercial motor vehicle

62(14.1) $200.00

I don't own a commercial vehicle? What should I do - as well as the location of where I was stopped is wrong?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

I'm confused. What is the actual charge wording and section number on your ticket?

The correct section is 62(14.1) and $110 is the correct fine. If you were driving a commercial motor vehicle, the section would stay the same but the fine would be $240 and the "commercial motor vehicle" gets added to the end of the charge wording. Where are you getting 139.3 from?

As for location, it can be anywhere the officer observed you committing the offence, not necessarily where they stopped you.

macgal

by: macgal on

Stanton wrote:I'm confused. What is the actual charge wording and section number on your ticket?

The correct section is 62(14.1) and $110 is the correct fine. If you were driving a commercial motor vehicle, the section would stay the same but the fine would be $240 and the "commercial motor vehicle" gets added to the end of the charge wording. Where are you getting 139.3 from?

As for location, it can be anywhere the officer observed you committing the offence, not necessarily where they stopped you.

Ok looked again - was frazzled when I wrote it - its just 62(14.1) unathorized red and blue light at front -

Post a Reply