Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Do warnings affect your insurance rates?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:16 pm 

So I got pulled over an hour ago for "Accelerating too quickly". The cop said I was revving it all the way...but I only revved up to 4000 when I accelerated. I was not speeding or anything. Anyways, the cop checks out my liscence and registration...I had two papers for my insurance because I forgot to throw the old one out. I accidentally gave him the old one and he came back with a written warning because it was expired...however, I realized that I gave him the wrong one and showed him my other one. He said that it would still show up as a warning...does that affect my insurance rate?

Should I go to the police station and have it removed?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:20 pm 

A warning is nothing..... don't worry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:51 pm 

The HTA can be found here http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statut ... 0h08_e.htm and other places. I can't find anything in it that requires slow acceleration. I know that losing traction when accelerating from a stop (wheel spin) is a bad thing, but I didn't think that there was any section that limited how fast I can accelerate. Other than "rev-ing" (possible noise?) did the officer say what constitutes accelerating too quickly?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:52 pm 

Nothing requires slow acceleration, but squealing tires is unnecessary noise.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:48 pm 

Hey, sorry about the late reply. And the officer only said he pulled me over cause he saw me accelerating quickly, he gave me a warning for the insurance thing, but I just gave him the expired one because I had two on me.

And for the accelerating thing, I think I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, cause the light just turned green so I didn't go from a complete stop, I coasted until the light turned green because I knew it would, and then the noise came from a motorcycle that was going in the other direction. I would think the officer could see that I was not taking off from a complete stop and realize that the noise was not coming from my car, but he didn't and he pulled me over...I guess people make mistakes. I posted to make sure that I would not be negatively affected by the warning he gave me.