Clarkey

Red Light Camera Ticket

by: Clarkey on

Hello

I just received a $325 ticket for running a red light camera intersection! I went to court today to plea guilty with explanation.......but the judge made it very clear to the court room that he does not care about the reason why we all ran the light and he only can lower the tickets to $265 and grant extra time to pay......YIKES

What about emergencies??? I was rushing my dog to the vet for an emergency c-section...a pup was stuck and hanging out of her!!! I had my friend drive my car so I could hold my dog...my dog started making awful noises and sat down and the sack broke open...so we blew the light!!!!

I am now pleading not guilty.....what do I do to fight this ticket? I have never had a ticket before!!!

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

By your own admission you committed the offence. Red light offences are absolute liability offences, meaning the only possible justification is if your own life was in jeopardy.

Even police officers responding lights and sirens to an emergency calls get charged with red light camera offences if they don't come to a full stop at red lights before proceeding through.

I appreciate your concern for your pets well being, but I genuinely don't see any defence based on your circumstances alone.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

I hope your dog is okay!

However, unfortunately, this is not a valid reason for running a red light in the eyes of the law. I probably would've done the same thing (having checked for traffic and ensuring it was safe to proceed)... not that I'm advocating running red lights... but Stanton is right. There have also been instances were ambulances rushing critical care patients to hospitals have had their drivers slapped with red light camera tickets.

This ticket will not go on your driver record and it will not affect your insurance. Red light camera tickets are sent to the owner and, because they cannot identify the driver, it cannot go on a driver record. You will also not get demerit points. Best thing to do - on the day of trial, see if you can get a reduced fine.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply