ceei

Red Light Camera Ticket In Saskatoon Now Moving To Ontario

by: ceei on

I will be relocated to Ontario at the end of April. This morning I found a red-light camera ticket in the mail and this become a headache to me. I heard that my driver's safety rating will be fine but not sure if there will be a ticket record on my file (local agency told me that there will be a note on the file as the owner of the vehicle that running red light).

I saskatchewan, everybody were insured throught the same government agency (SGI) therefore no one will care this ticket because insurance will not be affected by this ticket. But ontario may be different.

My question is how to anwer the question of 'if you have received any ticket for the last 3 years?' when I ask for a insurance quote in Ontario?

Thank you.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

In Ontario red light camera tickets do not show up on your driving abstract (history) and don't affect your insurance rating. Unless it's different in Saskatchewan, I think you can honestly answer that question with a "no", since you weren't charged as the driver, but as the vehicle owner.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Unless Saskatchewan has a method for identifying the driver with a red-light camera ticket, I think you are in the clear, as Stanton said. The only North American jurisdiction that I'm aware of that actually will use cameras to identify specific drivers with photo radar and red light cameras is Arizona.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply