Recieved three tickets today:
- Fail to surrender insurance card
- Drive motor vehicle no currently validated permit
- use validation not furnished by ministry
Backstory: I sold my old car and bought a used car. Insured vehicle, completed safety, transferred plates from old car but failed emissions test due to two of the systems on car not being ready and having a couple of error codes. So I bought a temporary permit, went to the US to buy parts(in a different car) , and have slowly been changing parts over. I did not stick the temporary sticker on the plates because I was hoping to fix the issues quick and because I was told I could use my old sticker once emissions was passed. Fixed the error codes but still failed emissions due to system not being ready. Booked an appointment with my mechanic for this monday to look into it.
So today officer pulled me over. I did not have insurance card but had the papers they email you saying you are covered. So got a ticket for that. Temporary sticker had expired so got a ticket for that. And I did not stick the temporary sticker on the plate so got a ticket for that. He took my plates and had my car towed.
1) Upon presenting my insurance docs, will the insurance ticket get dropped?
2) Will I loose demerit points for the other two? How many points per ticket? If I meet with a prosecutor can I get one of these reduced/dropped since they both originate from the same offence?
3) When I buy new plates from the ministry, can I get a Temporary permit as well to drive my car to the mechanic? Or will they only issue new plates if everything has been done?
Thanks a lot
Thanks for the response. Hopefully I just end up wtih the ticket for expired permit. My insurance would skyrocket if I got 3 convictions.Stanton wrote:There are no demerit points associated with any of your charges. Quite likely the Crown will offer you some type of plea deal where they drop one or two charges in exchange for a guilty plea on remaining offences.
In regards to new plates since I dont have my old plates anymore, is it the normal process for getting new plates?
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest