Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Need Advice Fighting 2 Diff. Speeding Tickets (CLEAN RECORD)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:03 pm 

Ticket number 1 - 25 km/h in a 50. Originally doing 85 km/h in a 50. The road signs change very quickly within a 200 metre range from 50 km/h to 70 km/h to 90 km/h. Tagged me right before the 70 km/h sign begins (about 5-10 yards before), i stopped after this sign.

He reduced the fine to 25 over in a 50, and marked an "R" on my ticket to show this.

Ticket # 2 - Originally doing 129 km/h in a 90 km/h zone. Officer dropped it to 110 km/h in a 90 km/h zone (20 over)...not that it makes a difference, same points, same fine.

These tickets were within the same week, and I am going to "fight" them both.

I need help fighting them. With the first ticket. I am going to talk with the JP and hopefully the officer for a different fine.

Ticket #1 - I will suggest a 182.2 (Disobeyed Traffic Sign), and ask for a higher set fine. This will drop 1 point. And I will also plead my case for the fact that I have a clean driving record (the other ticket wont be processed yet), it was 12:45 am, and not that it matters in their eyes I was returning to school for a class at 8:30 am.

Ticket # 2 - I was speeding, however, I will again plead that I have a clean driving record, this is a first time offense and push for it to be dropped to a 0-15 over the posted speed limit. This will save me 3 points.

I am in the process of mailing my tickets in, and requesting disclouser. I believe for ticket 1 the officer wrote down the actual speed I was going on the back of the ticket because he took his time, and he said if i take it to court he will push for the actual speed. Now the JP at this court was a former police officer, and therefore there is the chance that he will raise my ticket back to the posted 35 over. This worries me.

Is there any information/help you can add regarding my case? How to proceed, with either ticket, what to say and do, any thing I should recommend to the JP to the officer to lower my offense? I want to save points, not get a reduced fine.

What should I look for... in the package that I receive? I will ask for ...all the officers notes, radar manual, radar testing, and the back of my ticket. Anything else I should request? How do i go about finding problems in this?

If I don't like what happens in front of the JP and proceed to trail... and there more severe consequences?

Thank you in advance.