A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

driver2432

Driver's Record And By-law Vs Ohta Convictions

by: driver2432 on

Hi,

I have a question about driver's records and convictions. Recently, I went to court for an Improper Left Turn ticket which resulted in a guilty plea to a lesser offence: a City of Toronto Bylaw of failing to clear an intersection.

My question is: because this is a guilty plea to a bylaw of Toronto and not the OHTA, would that still show up on my driver's record?

I ask, because just two days ago I got dinged with a Hand-Held Communication Device (78.1(1)) and I am trying to figure out whether to fight it or not, seeing is how I would tolerate one offence on my record but not really two (for insurance reasons).

Thanks!

driver2432

by: driver2432 on

OK thanks, I actually got my abstract online and realized I made an error in what I wrote earlier and in what I thought!

I was actually convicted of FAIL TO PROCEED AS DIRECTED BY GREEN LIGHT instead of Improper Left Turn. It carries 0 demerit points but is on my record.

So now that I know what, I'd like to ask another question for those who may know: how can this conviction plus a DEVICE - HAND HELD COMMUNICATION DEVICE impact my insurance rates?

I would fight the DEVICE charge but the ticket was issued in Niagara Falls and I live in Toronto, so it would be a total hassle to get out there.

Thanks!

Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”