Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.


Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!


The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.
  Print view

Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:05 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:35 pm
Posts: 22
Reflections wrote:
davec wrote:
hwybear wrote:
From Stats Canada - they are couple years behind

2006
2889 traffic fatalities = 83 % http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/tp/tp3322/2006/page1.htm

606 Homicides = 17 %
http://www40.statcan.gc.ca/l01/cst01/legal12a-eng.htm


Fatalities by road type ... as of 2003 http://www.ccmta.ca/english/pdf/collisi ... s_03_e.pdf

Urban 936 ( defined by metropolitan or speeds below 60km/h at collision site)
Rural 1539 ( primary or secondary hwy speeds exceeding 60km/h at collision site)

A more relevant statistic is the number of injuries,

Urban 110,511, Rural 41,639

One could argue that since it costs the taxpayer more for injuries than fatalities that the extra resources required in rural areas to police traffic are warranted, however I doubt that speed is an issue in rural collisions. I would guess it's driver training, experience etc.

Regardless if your argument is that more fatalities on the road than homicides justifies all the policing of highways, then the majority of the police resources should be concentrated on rural roads as defined above.


Damn dave, you come armed with numbers.... :D


You were the one that started the numbers. I was content to just BS with you. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:23 pm 
Offline
Jr. Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 pm
Posts: 69
Update:

Received disclosier today via fax. Only thing there is officer's notes from ticketing officer. His notes state that a constable came to help him. Can i get the other guys notes? Or are there any? What if i want him as a witness? Notes are mostly legible, i managed to read it all. What a bunch of.... sigh..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:04 am 
Offline
VIP
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:27 pm
Posts: 959
Location: Guelph, Ontario
ponyboyt wrote:
Update:

Received disclosier today via fax. Only thing there is officer's notes from ticketing officer. His notes state that a constable came to help him. Can i get the other guys notes? Or are there any? What if i want him as a witness? Notes are mostly legible, i managed to read it all. What a bunch of.... sigh..


Request 2-nd officers note. A 3-rd Independent Version Of Events should have a bearing on a case.

_________________
"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:42 pm 
Offline
Jr. Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 pm
Posts: 69
i am going to send another disclosier request. The ONLY thing they sent me so far is the ticketing officers notes.

I want to look at 2 ways to fight this.

1: Are the brakes even defective? How many times have you got in your car and driven away forgetting that the parking brake is on? My cadillac will smoke the hell out of the front tires with the e-brake to the floor, the car wont move. But this is my truck we are talking about. Its rear wheel drive with a string V8 engine. If you hit the gas its gona move. My driveway is a steep incline, and ive done maintanance on my truck with it in neutral only using the parking brake to hold it still.

2: Did they even have justification to check the brakes? Was he just fishing because he needed SOMETHING? From what i gather, fishing is not alowed per-say. He states in his notes my truck appeared to be in "poor physical shape". I can take pictures... it looks like it needs a paint job ill give that, but only becauseyou can see the original clear-coat is peeling and faded. A few dings and dents, there is rust in the very front of the front fenders, but the entire rest of the truck there are no holes or huge smashes/dents. Is it his opinion because maybe he drives a 2009 ford that my 1993 chev looks rough?

I dont want to plead this ticket down. I want it gone. Whether it gets tossed, stay'd or found not guilty, i dont care. I have not touched the parking brake system at all. It works perfectly fine and does what it is supposed to do. There is no reason for this ticket, i want it gone.

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:35 am 
Offline
Jr. Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 pm
Posts: 69
i have court on december 3rd. The only thing i have is officer's notes from ticketing officer, and there is an illegible line there the page changes and htats the line where the 2nd officer is mentioned. I have called and sent 2 requests via fax. 9 days to go.

I figure i only have one question i can ask:

"How long have you had your mechanics license?"

And then go into the stipulations of sec 64 which states something like: 2 braking systems, 1 to stop th evehicle while its being driven, and a 2nd to hold it in place while it is parked on any grade.


I figure there is NO point showing pictures i have of it parked in my driveway which has a drastic uphill grade because they can just say i fixed it later (i have not touched the ebrake cable or fixed anything else on my truck except the exhaust in over a year).

I have it in my head that tey will try to negotiate with me before trial and then when it comes in front of the justice the crown will probably throw it out.

What do i do about lack of disclosier?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:18 pm 
Offline
Jr. Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 pm
Posts: 69
so i had my day in court. I got there about 25 minutes late :evil: Try finding that court house, then a place to park with all that construction... who woulda thought it was inside the mall. Anyway....

I told her (crown) i was missing disclosier, she said she sent me the ticketing officer's notes. I said i had asked for more, she said there was no request. I said i had sent 2 via fax. Then she said well you dont need all that other stuff no one ever asks for that stuff.I told her i needed it for my case. She opened a big book and said it looked like i was charged under the wrong section ((64 (7) )) and i said oh no, not at all, i was definitly charged under the right section, just for the wrong reason. And she said:


"You know what, il just withdraw it". I said, "works for me".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:49 pm
Posts: 1490
Location: somewhere in traffic
ponyboyt wrote:
so i had my day in court. I got there about 25 minutes late :evil: Try finding that court house, then a place to park with all that construction... who woulda thought it was inside the mall. Anyway....

I told her (crown) i was missing disclosier, she said she sent me the ticketing officer's notes. I said i had asked for more, she said there was no request. I said i had sent 2 via fax. Then she said well you dont need all that other stuff no one ever asks for that stuff.I told her i needed it for my case. She opened a big book and said it looked like i was charged under the wrong section ((64 (7) )) and i said oh no, not at all, i was definitly charged under the right section, just for the wrong reason. And she said:


"You know what, il just withdraw it". I said, "works for me".


Way to be a legal pain in their a$$. Good job with the crown........

_________________
http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. braking distances accepted by courts

Mr. Peabody

5

515

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:01 pm

Bookm View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Told my 11B motion was defective

dommy59

2

1382

Thu May 30, 2013 7:51 pm

dommy59 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Defective brakes does the owner of the vehicle get the ticke

davec

4

424

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:18 pm

hwybear View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 90 in an 80, but given 110 in an 80.

dwelsby

7

855

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:30 pm

dwelsby View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Caught going 110 in an 80

4Bidden

4

856

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:22 am

4Bidden View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 110 in a 80km while passing?

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2, 3 ]

jorge

36

6652

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:05 pm

hwybear View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. What Operating System do you use?

racer

1

325

Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:50 pm

racer View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. FAIL TO SIGN OWNERSHIP $110

sushi786

7

1229

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:36 pm

fortec_man View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Got a 110$ ticket because I had my sticker on the bottom...

antq

9

15895

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 am

Reflections View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 109 km/h in a 60 zone [Reduced from 110]

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2 ]

saugacity

16

2037

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 pm

saugacity View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Speeding 110 on 100 zone

Speshanta2003

1

618

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Decatur View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. speeding 110 in a 80 zone reduced to 95

ferrum

2

758

Sun May 03, 2015 8:24 pm

ferrum View the latest post

 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Web Development & Search Engine Optimization
Home | Court Listings | Ontario Traffic Ticket

Copyright 2007 - 2017 © Microtekblue Inc. Web Development & Search Engine Optimization Service. We Support phpBB All Rights Reserved.