Careless driving. Judge said no suspension. But it happened

Moderators: Reflections, admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

staychuck
Careless driving. Judge said no suspension. But it happened

Unread post by staychuck on

I was in court last week and the crown and judge agreed on a joint submittion that I plea guilty to dangerious driving. The judge commended me on the work I have done to improve myself and stated that there would be no prohibition on my drivers licence. He gave me a fine and one years probation and allowed me to keep my licence.

I got sent home and suspended from work yesterday because on a licence check it showed it was suspended.

The Judge, Crown and my lawyer were well aware about my empoyment and guilty plea was entered as I was agreeing to the terms that my licence would remain and I could keep my job and support my family.

What happened ? What should I do ?

Please help me. My lawyer won't return my calls.

Chuck

staychuck

Sorry ....It was Dangerous diving.

hwybear

Unread post by hwybear on

Go back to the court that you were in to the counter/service area. Ask them to see the document outlining your penalty. (sorry don't know what the document would be called). Then go from there, such as take a copy to the MTO..
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca

staychuck

Thank You.

I have requested the transcipts, however is it possible the Ministy does not care what the Judge said in his sentencing ?

The conviction was Dangerous driving. It does carry a one year licence suspension however I believed that the Judge had the power to lighten the sentence.

OPS Copper
Unread post by OPS Copper on

And find out what kind of suspension...Could be for unpaid HTA ticket(s)

OPSC

Return to “General Talk”