Suspended-car Taken Away-but Judge Just Threw Out Case.

dz13

Suspended-car Taken Away-but Judge Just Threw Out Case.

Unread post by dz13 »

Hi, I need some advice. To make a long story short, court case was today to fight a driving while under suspended license ticket. The judge dismissed the case. However, a couple of days ago, I was pulled over for not having my new 2013 sticker (birthday last week..totally forgot) officer saw that I was driving while under suspension and inpounded car and indicated that it was going to 7 days before I can pick it up.

Can anyone shed some light as to how I should now proceed? Do I still have to wait for the 7 day suspension on my car? Now, since I was vindicated on the previous charge, do I have to now fight this additional ticket? I am at a loss on what to do. Can anyone shed some light?

Thank you.

Decatur

Posting Awards

Unread post by Decatur »

You've failed to mention what you are suspended for? Because this is a new charge, it has no relation to the prior case and you'll have to fight this new one. In Ontario a vehicle may be impouded for the following

Under the Road Safety Act, 2009, three new seven-day vehicle impoundments are effective December 1, 2010. These are in addition to the 7-day impoundment for drivers engaged in a race, stunt or contest on Ontarios roads and include:

1.Drivers caught driving with a drivers licence that is already under specific HTA suspension(s) - including those related to default of family support, failure to complete remedial measures, "warn range" (0.05 – 0.08 Blood Alcohol Concentration), Novice Driver Escalating Sanctions Program, demerit point accumulations, and careless driving - but not including suspensions for defaulted fines or medical conditions;

2.Drivers required to have a vehicle ignition interlock device and are found driving without such a device; and

3.Drivers with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) over .08 (or who fail/refuse to comply with a demand made by a police officer under S. 254 of the Criminal Code)

I assume you fall into one of these?

dz13

Unread post by dz13 »

Hi again, I was driving under suspension for not paying a ticket (failed to show I.D. when randomly checked). Therefore, none of the below apply.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

You should be able to pick up your vehicle right away. Either have a licenced driver attend the tow yard with you, or make arrangements to tow it back to your property.

Just FYI, you may need to attend the police station first to get a release slip for your vehicle.