Suspended-car taken away-but Judge just threw out case.

dz13

Suspended-car taken away-but Judge just threw out case.

by: dz13 on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi, I need some advice. To make a long story short, court case was today to fight a driving while under suspended license ticket. The judge dismissed the case. However, a couple of days ago, I was pulled over for not having my new 2013 sticker (birthday last week..totally forgot) officer saw that I was driving while under suspension and inpounded car and indicated that it was going to 7 days before I can pick it up.
Can anyone shed some light as to how I should now proceed? Do I still have to wait for the 7 day suspension on my car? Now, since I was vindicated on the previous charge, do I have to now fight this additional ticket? I am at a loss on what to do. Can anyone shed some light?

Thank you.
Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:53 pm

You've failed to mention what you are suspended for? Because this is a new charge, it has no relation to the prior case and you'll have to fight this new one. In Ontario a vehicle may be impouded for the following
Under the Road Safety Act, 2009, three new seven-day vehicle impoundments are effective December 1, 2010. These are in addition to the 7-day impoundment for drivers engaged in a race, stunt or contest on Ontarios roads and include:
1.Drivers caught driving with a drivers licence that is already under specific HTA suspension(s) - including those related to default of family support, failure to complete remedial measures, "warn range" (0.05 – 0.08 Blood Alcohol Concentration), Novice Driver Escalating Sanctions Program, demerit point accumulations, and careless driving - but not including suspensions for defaulted fines or medical conditions;
2.Drivers required to have a vehicle ignition interlock device and are found driving without such a device; and
3.Drivers with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) over .08 (or who fail/refuse to comply with a demand made by a police officer under S. 254 of the Criminal Code)

I assume you fall into one of these?