A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Ostermann

Could You Please Advise How To File For An Appeal From Ottawa?

by: Ostermann on

Good day everybody.

I have a question. I would like to file an appeal due to violation of provincial offence act by J and Prosecutor.

This website does not really explain how to do so.

http://www.ontariocourts.ca/ocj/self-re ... ses/guide/

I am in Ottawa the appeal court is in To. How do I file an appeal?

Are there instructions on the Notice of Appeal?

Thanks,

Ostrmm.

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

The appeal court for a provincial office wouldn’t be in Toronto for a trial heard in Ottawa. Go back to the court where the trial took place and ask for a Notice of Appeal. You only have 30 days from the trial decision to file an appeal.

Also read the document that you’ve linked, it will give you an idea if you even have grounds to appeal.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

As Decatur said.

You can go to court where the trial took place and they'll give you a simple form to fill out. If I remember correctly, it's just a sheet asking for your general information and a section asking your reasoning for filing an appeal. There might also be something about transcripts and a small down payment.

They'll send you off to the nearest court, papers in hand, where your appeal will be heard and you'll finish filing there.

You'll need to pay off your fine first before you can appeal and then you'll wait on your transcripts. This process will take several months. You'll then pick up your transcripts from the court where the trial was originally heard and pay your outstanding balance. The cost will depend on how long the transcripts are, but i'd be prepared to pay at least $100.

Ostermann

by: Ostermann on

Thanks, Decature and Bend.

I was pissed that my rights, provincial offence act were blatantly violated. This is the reason I would like an appeal

The J did not know the Act when I refer to it, he would node towards the Prosecutor and ask : is this so? or something like that.

Neither of them new what is the "date when the proceedings was commenced". As result they told me it happened 40 days after the alleged violation. I filed request for trial 50 days after the violation. etc etc etc. It all should be on the transcript.

Post a Reply