A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

clinton9999

Option 2 - Early Resolution (question)

by: clinton9999 on

:) Hi, I was just wondering if I choose Option 2 - Early Resolution, will I meet the prosecutor at a separate meeting or is it just a short talk right before the hearing on the court date?

If it is a separate meeting and I don't want to take his/her offer, will I then have to go back to set a trial date (even it may be already after 15 days from the ticket issuing date)? Or, will the prosecutor set up the court date for me upon the disagreement?

Thanks!

clinton9999

by: clinton9999 on

Thanks for the reply!

I called the number on the ticket today and used the automated system. So, if I want to choose option 2, I can request it in person at the court office. A trial request will also be filed at the same time in case of an unsuccessful meeting. What will happen then is I will be scheduled a meeting with a prosecutor in 6-8 weeks. If we don't come to an agreement, then I will be automatically arranged for a trial.

Now, it brings a second question for those whom plan to file 11B. Would this 6-8 weeks attributable to the Crown or me? Would anyone know which option will take longer time for the benefit of filing 11B? Thanks!

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

fire wrote:hi I was wondering if they have my address wrong on my ticket if I can get off paying for it buy the way I have changed my addy with the ministry and I got a ticket for suspended driver

No, unless you want your license suspended again.

Post a Reply