Gortty

33 Over In An 80 Zone

by: Gortty on

I recently received my first ticket in over 20 years of driving. I turned onto the highway at the intersection near my home and within less than 1 km, an officer facing me from quite a distance away signalled me to pull over. I did and received the ticket.

This highway is very hard to get onto at our intersection due to excessively high speed otehrs drive and due to nearby hill that is difficult to see over. All in all, I frankly doubt the speed but no use fighting that part so I guess my best choice is to plea bergain for a lesser fine or less points or both.

Given my clean driving record, is this likely to be successful?

Reflections

by: Reflections on

Gortty wrote:I recently received my first ticket in over 20 years of driving. I turned onto the highway at the intersection near my home and within less than 1 km, an officer facing me from quite a distance away signalled me to pull over. I did and received the ticket.

This highway is very hard to get onto at our intersection due to excessively high speed otehrs drive and due to nearby hill that is difficult to see over. All in all, I frankly doubt the speed but no use fighting that part so I guess my best choice is to plea bergain for a lesser fine or less points or both.

Given my clean driving record, is this likely to be successful?

More details please, roads, time of day, date etc......

The Plea bargain sounds good for you but there are consequences to having tickets on your record.....

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

As Reflections was saying, plea-bargaining can still result in an insurance increase, depending on your provider. Some of them will forgive a ticket for 15-over, others won't - it all depends. Plea-bargaining can save you the stress of a lot of time in court, plus it gets the fine down. 15-over also keeps you away from demerit points. You can call the Prosecutor to arrange for a meeting to plea-bargain and see how it goes.

Post a Reply