Speeding Over 24kms In A 40 Zone 220 Ticket Price???

A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
tyler2283

Speeding Over 24kms In A 40 Zone 220 Ticket Price???

Unread post by tyler2283 »

Hello there,

I was in Barrie Ontario at 7:58 AM i was pulled over for doing 64kms in a 40 km zone, however the officer wrote the following things and i was wondering if i can fight it or dismiss the ticket entirely.

first he wrote that i was pulled over at 7:58 PM when it was actually AM

second he wrote a letter on my plate wrong

thirdly he is charging me 220 payable amount and the set fine is 180.

fourthly he says its going to add 3 demerit points to my license

Apparently this is contray to "community safety zone highway traffic act section 128.

Addtionally there was no community safety zone fines doubled sign all it said was max 40 km....

Can anyone help? This ticket needs to be paid or fought by April 20..... thanks for your help if you can..

Passing Thru

Unread post by Passing Thru »

tyler2283 wrote:Hello there,

I was in Barrie Ontario at 7:58 AM i was pulled over for doing 64kms in a 40 km zone, however the officer wrote the following things and i was wondering if i can fight it or dismiss the ticket entirely.

first he wrote that i was pulled over at 7:58 PM when it was actually AM

second he wrote a letter on my plate wrong

thirdly he is charging me 220 payable amount and the set fine is 180.

fourthly he says its going to add 3 demerit points to my license

Apparently this is contray to "community safety zone highway traffic act section 128.

Addtionally there was no community safety zone fines doubled sign all it said was max 40 km....

Can anyone help? This ticket needs to be paid or fought by April 20..... thanks for your help if you can..

You can always fight a ticket.

The AM or PM is amendable, also it could just be messy writing.

The fine is correct for a community safety zone. That will not be indicated on the specific speed limit sign, it is a separate sign indicating the community safety zone.

The letter on the plate is not fatal, again it could be messy writing. They only need to prove you were driving, not which car you had.

If convicted you will receive 3 demerit points but not from the officer or the courts. The Ministry of Transportation will put them on.

Good luck