Got Charged For Stunt Driving? Confused! (should’ve Been Improper Left Turn...)

Imperfection123

Got Charged For Stunt Driving? Confused! (should’ve Been Improper Left Turn...)

Unread post by Imperfection123 »

Hey guys, been reading through some of these stunt driving posts and I’ve got caught up in a situation... but I haven’t found anyone that’s been in the same situation as me, so I’m requesting some thoughts and open to discussion.

So, a couple days ago I was gone out for a joy ride during noon (between 11am - 1pm) and was cruising on the highway. I took an exit moments later and was stopped at a red light waiting to turn left. There was one car in front of me waiting as well. The light turned green and the car ahead proceeded to turn left. I had a late reaction, so I sort of proceeded to turn left a little quicker while following behind the other car trying to catch up forsay? I stepped on my throttle and while I was turning left, I sort of turned my steering to the right a little bit and turned into the middle lane (there were 3 lanes). So I made an improper left turn.

Basically, after the light turned green, I pressed my throttle, turned my steering to the right just a little bit then turned left. Although I had no intentions on sliding or drifting. I turned my steering to the right because I thought my turn was going to be bad so I ended up turning into the middle lane. Now, my tires weren’t spinning nor did my car lose traction. I basically sped up more than I should’ve while turning. After completing the turn there’s a cop coming from behind and pulls me over and suspends my licence for 7 days and impounds my car for 7 days. I have a summons to defendant a couple months from now.

Now, my car is an all wheel drive, 180hp car. My car can’t even lose traction or the traction control would kick in. But in this case my traction control didn’t kick in so there’s no way I could’ve spun my tires or caused them to lose traction intentionally. The cop probably saw I turned my wheel to the right then turned left which caused a reaction... but I kept my car in control and didn’t lose traction. So I’m confused how this is going to work because cop will say testify that I attempted to drift.

Imperfection123

Oh I forgot to mention, I also got a separate charge for uneccessary noise! Which would probably help the officer prove that I was speeding during the left turn, even though I wasn’t speeding and couldn’t have because I was behind a car the whole time.

Imperfection123

How so? Yes, my steering turned to the right, a little bit... but I didn't intentionally try to make my tires lose traction. How is it possible to charge me for stunting?

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

You say one thing, the officer clearly thinks another. You want to know why the officer charged you with stunt driving. Nobody here can provide those answers.

You should probably start by making a disclosure request. This way you know exactly why you were charged instead of just guessing. Every municipality will provide you with a generic disclosure request form on their website. You can fill it out and send it off to the prosecutors office. If you're lost, just provide the court address listed and someone can provide you with the relevant info.