alle685

Red Light Camera Ticket - Toronto

by: alle685 on

Does anyone know the currently time period it takes to receive a Red Light Camera Ticket for the City of Toronto.?

I think I have have gotten one at Keele and Wilson (turning left onto Wilson Avenue). Situation: It was an advanced dual left turn and yes, I sped up to make the turn light before on coming traffic got the green. I think I got caught in the moment between where the left arrow disappeared and the light turned grey. I don't know - it was my sister who told me "you just ran a red light" and I've been panicky every since as $325 is a lot of money.

That was on May 9th so I have been waiting but I haven't received anything else. I just want to know if anyone knows how long it usually takes to receive one in Toronto so I know when I should (hopefully) be in the clear?

Thanks!

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

alle685 wrote:I think I got caught in the moment between where the left arrow disappeared and the light turned grey. I don't know - it was my sister who told me "you just ran a red light" and I've been panicky every since as $325 is a lot of money.

You mean, it turned green? If the light above the arrow turned green, you did not run a red light, you simply failed to yield to oncoming traffic. You're not getting a red light camera ticket if that's the case. To get a red light camera ticket, you must enter the intersection after the light has turned red.

Plus, if it's night time, you'd know if you got zapped. The flash is unmistakable.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Just a suggestion but the court system in Toronto is very backed up... If you get any kind of ticket in Toronto (parking, red light, speeding) you should plead Not Guilty and get a Trial date. Most likely the trial date will be outside the "speedy trial" Charter 11(b) and you can then apply to get it dropped because of that.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

jsherk wrote:Just a suggestion but the court system in Toronto is very backed up... If you get any kind of ticket in Toronto (parking, red light, speeding) you should plead Not Guilty and get a Trial date. Most likely the trial date will be outside the "speedy trial" Charter 11(b) and you can then apply to get it dropped because of that.

Red light camera tickets require no one to attend your trial and very little in terms of disclosure. It isn't most likely falling outside of anything.

Post a Reply