Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Re: Improper right turn, 141(2) REAL GOOD ONE
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:36 pm 

throwing this out there....regardless of how many lanes, length of vehicle, speed, weather etc.....bottom line is if the other vehicle was stopped in its appropriate lane and was struck, therefore it was not a safe turn..... to me, safe means not hitting anything

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:04 pm 

Sounds like you have a lot of facts and points to help your case. I would go there without any legal representation... statistics prove that those who attend court alone and who have all facts in order and are articulate can stand a better chance than allowing the ```middle men```to do deals on your behalf.... dont forget lawyers and paralegals charge an arm and a leg and are only ever ````practising```` law .... I always go myself to court if neccessary...much better odds...especially as the syatem is stacked against you anyway and lawyers are part of the system.... try your luck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:11 am 

I finally got disclosure, so I though I would let you guys have a peak at it along with 3 out of my 4 witness statements. Let me know your opinions.

Attached is the court info, officer statement and his sketch next post will have the 3 witness statement. I actually have 4 but have not had the chance to pick it up.

Attachments:
File comment: Officer sketch
officers-sketch.jpg
officers-sketch.jpg [ 74.32 KiB | Viewed 466 times ]
File comment: officer statement
Officer-Statement.jpg
Officer-Statement.jpg [ 220.63 KiB | Viewed 466 times ]
File comment: court synopsis
court-synopsis.jpg
court-synopsis.jpg [ 142.87 KiB | Viewed 466 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:15 am 

Here are the witness statements!

Attachments:
File comment: supervisor statement
supervisor-statement.jpg
supervisor-statement.jpg [ 203.38 KiB | Viewed 465 times ]
File comment: driver 1 statement
driver1-statement.jpg
driver1-statement.jpg [ 92.28 KiB | Viewed 465 times ]
File comment: highway patrol statement
patrol-statement.jpg
patrol-statement.jpg [ 156.96 KiB | Viewed 465 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:31 am 
High Authority

While I’m no lawyer, I’d say you have some excellent statements for your defence. They seem to cover off the poor road conditions, that you were driving in a reasonably safe manner for the conditions and that you were engaged in your duties at the time.

Have you tried approaching the Crown yet? I personally think they might consider simply withdrawing the charges unless they truly feel they have a reasonable prospect of conviction.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:14 am 

I intend to speak to the Crown in a Pre Trial however for my last ticket this crown seemed to and did not have the time so they say to do such a thing. The crown however was cautioned during Trial time because of the growing size of the lists that he should start holding Pre Trials. Hopefully this time he will.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:10 am 

fingerz wrote:
I intend to speak to the Crown in a Pre Trial however for my last ticket this crown seemed to and did not have the time so they say to do such a thing. The crown however was cautioned during Trial time because of the growing size of the lists that he should start holding Pre Trials. Hopefully this time he will.

Well today is the day and the crown has failed to contact me after multiple attempts by myself to have a pre-trial with him. Hopefuly all goes well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:23 pm 

fingerz wrote:
fingerz wrote:

Well today is the day and the crown has failed to contact me after multiple attempts by myself to have a pre-trial with him. Hopefuly all goes well.

think you mean a resolution meeting prior to trial? b/c a pre-trial is still in a court room with a JP. Good luck today

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:24 pm 

Well it's been put over until march 29th. I guess the crown thinks he has a case, but all I kept hearing him and the cop saying to each other under there breath is "4 Lanes" as in disbelief that I'm trying to say I slid across 4 lanes. It seems they fail to realize that for the operations I was performing I was intentionally 3 lanes over it's only the 4th one that my vehicle slid over on. Plus when I was there I could not believe the deals the crown was cutting, he was amending all kinds of tickets including some lady who ran into the back of someone else. For this ticket and all the others he amended he changed them to simply by-law infractions vrs HTA. He never offered me no such deal????

Prosecuter Wants Information
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:07 am 

My Original posting with my story and my witness statements can be found here http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic4020.html You can see my disclosure and witness statements at that link as well.

So I called the Prosecuter and explained the situation told him about my evidence statements and witnesses and now he wants me to email him copies of the statements, and My witness names and phone numbers. Should I do this, or do I have to do this?