Help On Dashcam Video

Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
ftuk

Help On Dashcam Video

Unread post by ftuk »

Hey guys,

I wanted to get your thoughts on this.

Got a ticket $110/2pt for left turn at wrong time at King/Atlantic - they have changed the times a fair bit...

Anyway, according to Reg 615, section 45 the sign has to visible at all times from 60m away. From the dashcam video I have, it is obvious that the sign is not visible from 60m at this particular time of day. It's about 30m from the sign to the edge of the bridge (Google Satellite imagery), so you'd need another 30m under the bridge too (6 pillars back, based on the gap being equal to a car around 5m in length - I'm being conservative). You can just about see there even is a sign at the 2nd pillar. I'd love to beat this prosecutor as she was positively aggressive the first time I went and the JP gave her *EDIT* for not providing me disclosure.

Wondering what your thoughts are on:

a) this as a defense; and

b) how to introduce this video in court (I have the original, unedited files on my laptop from the dashcam - Youtube clip was made in iMovie).

c) how to introduce Google Satellite imagery to support this argument

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wxgnK0Z71Q

Appreciate the input.

ftuk

Unread post by ftuk »

Guys anyone introduced dashcam evidence in court? Any special process to go through to get equipment to play video? Last time I was in a court room they had some ghetto looking TV on a cart... Thanks!

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by jsherk »

I don't know about specifics, so this is just what I would do:

(1) Send a notice to the clerk and the prosecutor that you will have video evidence you want to present at the trial, and will require a DVD player and TV or a laptop computer in the court room.

(2) Burn your video onto a DVD and on a USB stick as well.

(3) Bring the original camera with the original video on it.

(4) Bring your own laptop with you that has a copy of the video already on it.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++