Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Leaving the scene of MVA. Whats wrong with people?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:57 am 

I just thought I would share....

I was leaving the billings bridge shopping plaza today, and as I approached data centre road from the lower parking lot I see a burgandy pontiac missing a front bumper and some other parts, someone was out and looking it over. Bumper and parts filled the road. To my right I see a lone woman checking out her damaged silver VW. Fender bender, everyone looks ok. No big deal eh. So I turn right to go towards riverside and take one last look in my rear view mirror. I actualy see the pontiac leaving the scene. So Fearing this poor VW driver was left to fend for herself, I turned back around to offer any help i could. She was ok. Another driver who witnessed the accident, and was almost hit by the same pontiac came over too.

Seriously What the Hell Is wrong with people? Everybody makes mistakes, you cant fault them for a collision. But what do you hope to accomplish by leaving the scene of a MVA? What has happend to common decency and personal responsibility?

Fortunatly the driver of the pontiac also left the front licence plate with the bumper so the police wont have to waste much time tracking them down. But it just makes me shake my head. What a moron.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:26 pm 

As long as the plates weren't stolen, which happens. A lowlife driving an uninsured vehicle with stolen plates sure as hell won't stick around to chat with the police.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 pm 

beleafer81 wrote:
But what do you hope to accomplish by leaving the scene of a MVA? What has happend to common decency and personal responsibility?

In some cases, people panic and run because they do not have the emotional maturity to handle those situations. In other cases, as FiReSTaRT was getting at, they've got something to hide: No licence, no insurance, driving disqualified/suspended, wanted on a warrant... But yes, people have become totally immature, irresponsible morons...