A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Squishy

by: Squishy on

Would it be section 32, subsection 9?

Driving in breach of condition prohibited

(9) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway while contravening a condition contained in his or her drivers licence or imposed by the regulations. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 32 (9).

Subsection 17 gives a penalty for subsection 9, but it only applies to commercial operators. Subsection 16 gives the general penalties, but does not include subsection 9. :?

Penalty

(16) Every person who contravenes subsection (1), (2), (3), (10), (10.1), (11) or (11.1) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $200 and not more than $1,000. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 12 (9).

Penalty – commercial motor vehicle

(17) Despite subsection (16), every person who contravenes subsection (1), (3), (9), (10), (10.1), (11) or (11.1) is guilty of an offence and, if the offence was committed by means of a commercial motor vehicle within the meaning of subsection 16 (1), on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $200 and not more than $20,000. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 12 (10).

Last edited by Squishy on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Would think that said driver would be charged with Drive Without a Licence. The language seems to imply that if the conditions are not met, the licence is not valid.

pinch

by: pinch on

I really can't see anyone ever getting charged with this since it's such a hassle to prove. My license says that I have to wear corrective lenses. I always wear contacts and they're next to impossible to see once they're in.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

I don't wear glasses and don't know what a contact looks like....hmmm maybe I need glasses to see the contacts?

The charge would be:

"Contravene Licence condition" $85.00

HTA OREG 340/94 sec 25

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply