I got ticketed for failure to have/surrender license.
I intend to fight the charge. I've consulted paralegal and they said that after I passed G1, my G1 supersedes my international driving license so I may not have a case. And I'm worried because I'm a G1 and I was driving alone. I am an experienced driver and I have a full license from another country. Will I also be charged or will it affect my case negatively?
I declined because I didn't think I should've been ticketed at all. He gave me two charges that are more serious and told me that he and the other party are going to show up in court and I'll lose my case. I'm new in Ontario, and I've never been in a traffic accident before, but this is something quite shocking to me, that an officer could do that? Is it normal here? I don't think I should've taken the offer anyhow.
Sometimes the OHTA is a really big hammer and sometimes that hammer is not needed when a tap will suffice. I Guess you will find out what the hammer is really like.
You could have several offences
- G1 fail to surrender licence
- G1 no accompany driver = conviction is a 30 day licence suspension
hmmm.. wonder how the insurance is going to deal with this with no accompany driver
Now is this other thread correct >> http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic4155.html
and this is now 2 collisions in 54days of being in Ontario??
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
So I'm pretty much screwed and not much chance at fighting that? The reason I didn't bring my G1 was I thought I could pass off as a tourist and carry around only my foreign DL and my international permit, and I can leave the country any time.
I'm driving someone else's car and he's not in town, so no accompanying driver. I knew about the 60 day rule but I didn't know about the G1 superseding rule, or I wouldn't have taken his car. I don't have insurance. If I'm charged, his insurance will go up? Or will mine in the future?
I'm going to file a notice to appear in trial for my tickets and I have some questions:
1) They have the option to walk in and do a pre-trial meeting with the persecutors. What can I do there? Can I try to convince them to withdraw charges or cut deals there or is it just to understand what they're charging me with?
2) Is it better to do the pre-trial meeting after filing for disclosure? When should I meet them? Can I meet them before filing the notice to appear in trial?
3) I heard someone say if you have no legal background, it's better not to meet them and try to negotiate deals and wait for the trial? I don't have a lawyer/paralegal.
4) Can I apply for disclosure the same day I file my notice to appear in trial or do I have to wait for the trial date?
Sorry if these questions might have been asked before. Please direct me to the right thread if they have been answered.
Tire tracks on E/S (What is E/S?)
N/B L2 R1
N/B L1 R1 (Have no idea what that means. have seen this all over the notes...sometimes the N/B looks like M/B too)
YOR moderate damage rear door dent due to impact (YOR? 4DR? 4OR? TOR?)
Thanks in advance.
MVC = motor vehicle collision
E/S - east side
NB L2 R1 = northbound lane 2 road 1
YOR = ?
On a separate note... G1? Where was your "foreign" driver's licence from?
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca