A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

alygator

Didn't Receive Letter After Early Resolution Regarding Court

by: alygator on

Back in November, I got pulled over for not stopping 3 seconds at a stop sign. The officer decided not to give me a ticket for that but instead because I had improper paperwork in the car. The date on the license plate did not match the date on the paperwork. I chose "Early Resolution" and went to speak to them. He asked what the initial reason for me being pulled over was and I told him the truth in which he began telling me how lucky I was that the officer was generous that day. He then told me that I had two options: Pay the fine or go to court. I decided to go to court. He gave me a disclosure form and he said a letter would be mailed to me within a few weeks. About a month and a half have passed and still no letter. Should I go in and talk to them or keep waiting it out?

t3ch9

by: t3ch9 on

argyll wrote:Just for clarity, you do not need to stop for 3 seconds at a stop sign, you just need to stop.

Some officers just like to get rid of tickets. I don't know what this country is turning into.

I forget what a police's job is, "to serve and to protect" us citizens or just be a revenue generating machine for the government.

Most of them are forgetting the fact they work for us, not against us.

I remember back in the day, when police officers were a lot more friendly. I actually believed the fact "they served and protected us", now i don't even believe that anymore.

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

by: UnluckyDuck on

No officer just "gives out tickets". You break the law, you get a ticket. If you are polite and respectful, you could get a warning or reduced charge. But if you roll your window down 2 inches, saying I am giving you my license because I am required to and it is not voluntary, as well as saying I refuse to say anything to incriminate myself, then of course the officer will go to the full extent of his job, issuing offenses for everything he deems unfit.

No, I'm not a cop, just dealt with them a lot.

t3ch9

by: t3ch9 on

Well clearly you guys have not run into any corrupted police officers yet. I guess that's good news. I never said all police officers just like to give out tickets, I'm just saying some.

If you think I'm incorrect with this statement, keep it to yourself. I've seen enough police officers to know that there is bare police corruption going on.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Warnings have been issued. Please stay on topic.

alygator wrote:Back in November, I got pulled over for not stopping 3 seconds at a stop sign. The officer decided not to give me a ticket for that but instead because I had improper paperwork in the car. The date on the license plate did not match the date on the paperwork. I chose "Early Resolution" and went to speak to them. He asked what the initial reason for me being pulled over was and I told him the truth in which he began telling me how lucky I was that the officer was generous that day. He then told me that I had two options: Pay the fine or go to court. I decided to go to court. He gave me a disclosure form and he said a letter would be mailed to me within a few weeks. About a month and a half have passed and still no letter. Should I go in and talk to them or keep waiting it out?

argyll is correct on your initial point. You just have to come to a complete stop.

I wouldn't say it's unusual to not receive a Notice of Trial after a month and a half. If you're still worried, follow daggx's advice. You can always contact the courthouse and double check.

Post a Reply