A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
shing

Chose Early Resolution, Prosecutor Didn't Call Me?

by: shing on

hey guys. wondering if anyone has any experience/answers to my situation.

i got a speeding ticket on march 5th of this year in woodstock (between london and kitchener-waterloo) for doing 115km in an 80km zone. Honestly the locals around there do that speed all the time and i've been driving those back roads for years and never even saw a police cruiser.

set up an early resolution meeting (will probably do a trial since thats what everyone seems to recommend and i really wouldnt want higher insurance rates as a 20y/o male driver) sent them my name and phone number because of the distance the prosecutor was suppose to call me, at 11:30am on July 29th. The call never came, now i don't know what i should do? can i use this situation to my advantage at all? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

I would call the prosecutors office tomorrow and find out what happened. Missing an early resolution meeting can result in you being found guilty by default, so you will want to get this mix up sorted out ASAP. When you call be polite, however make it clear that you were available at the agreed upon time but you never heard from them so now you are following up.

Post a Reply