1. I knew my wife must show up on the first appearance and to set a trail date. Should we book a latest trail date as possible on the first appearance (11b) but ask a earlier trail date in writing at a later time(Waiver of Time Periods)? ----------try, you never know
2. If the policeman doesn't show up on the first appearance, can we ask the judge to withdraw the charge right away?-----------first appearance is with the prosocuter only---no officer
3. One of my friends said the officer need to provide us some documents on the first apperance (not sure the exact name may be initial disclosure and notes?). If we were not given these documents on the first apperance, can we ask the judge to withdraw the charge right away? What time should we take this action, beginning or the end of the court, before or after setting a trail date? Any act to refer to for this? ------Um, no. See answer to Question #2
4. Should we request any disclosure before the first apperance? It is 2 weeks away from now. Or should we bring bring disclosure documents to hand them to the officer on the first apperance? ----Wait till you have a court date
5. Is there any need to find a paralegal/lawyer for the first apperance? Or we should look into it after the first apperance instead.---after, although they may get the charge dropped faster
6. She has a G license and a clean driving history. She was not given a ticket but instead a summons. Based on the fact, my wife is really worried about the possibility of suspension or imprisonment. Is it possible? ----The penalties are not usually maxed out on a first offence. If your wife was charged with this say 3-4 times, then maybe she'd go to jail.
7. She is the second driver in our insurance right now. If she is found guilty, can I remove her from our insurance to avoid it being canceled or big raise by the insurance company? (of course she couldn't drive for at least 2 years then.) But my friend said it may not be an option because the insurance company must insure every family member. I am looking for your opinion. ----Squishy covered that
Thanks for all the answers and that was so prompt! I guess I should just go ahead with my wife and see what we can get from the first appearance.