Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

You should be convicted
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:12 pm 

Hate to say it but there are too many laws.
I work in the system and i'm fed up with the nanny state and business interference (profit driven laws).

Its easy to beat the system but no one has the courage:

Fight every ticket. Fight back.
Plead NOT GUILTY!
Our system cannot handle everyone pleading NOT GUILTY. It is built on a requirement that less than 10% of those charged will fight. If that number doubles the system crumbles. If that number doubles the system will crash. Its really that simple.

If you don't start fighting back you should be convicted.

If you want a different system start fighting and writing your politicians and DEMAND it.

Re: You should be convicted
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:59 pm 

I don't agree that you should fight a ticket if you have clearly done something wrong. I was recently caught by a red light camera and I paid that ticket because I did run the red light. And the law is there to protect us. It's dangerous to run red lights.

But I do agree with you that we should fight tickets that we feel we do not deserve or have been given out for no good reason.

One of the best 'stupid ticket' stories is the ticket I got for having my license validation sticker in the wrong spot on my rear plate. I thought there were too many stickers on top of each other and so I put the sticker in the lower right corner. I was pulled over initially to advise me, but because I was in a hurry to catch the last GO train to Toronto from Hamilton, the cop gave me a ticket saying that I didn't have the sticker. Which was an out and out lie. He just gave me the ticket because he was annoyed that I just said thank you and can I go now. Again, wielding the 'power'. I should have fought that one but I didn't.

I am sick of this stupid attitude that a lot of them have too and I agree that it is up to us to fight, not just roll over and take it. They count on the fact that we don't have the time and couldn't be bothered. I'm fighting this last stupid "unnecessary noise" ticket.