Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Disobey Stop Sign.136(1)(0). not remmeber if I stopped or no
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:20 pm 

Hi,
This is my first post and I got first ticket in life (Disobey Stop sign $110 fine with 3 demerit points).

A police officer stopped me and said I didn't stop at stop sign at all at (some street in Windsor Ontario). He stopped me 1 Km far from that stop sign. He said I didn't bother to slow down and passed almost at 50 speed from that stop sign. I was not sure I did that or not. I tried to recall but its everyday route. I have three stop signs before getting road and I follow everyday all stop signs. Just not sure if I really passed at 50 speed or not stopped fully.
Anyways, Officer said I have 3 choices etc. I was thinking to go court and select option 2 so that I would have strong chances my points will be waived. But I found this forum. Now I am thinking to go for option 3 TRIAL.

How could I defense myself I am not remember if I stopped or not.

Please help
Its 4th day after ticket. I have to decide what to do.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:20 pm 

If you choose option 3, I don't know about windsor but in toronto court the crown will offer a plea bargain with less fine and no point at trial date
However you only take the plea bargain if the cop shows up; if he does not, opt for trial, the crown had no choice but to withdraw the charge.

In case it goes to trial, if you don't remember whether you stopped or not then don't take the witness stand, let the Crown prove the charge.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:29 pm 

I talked to ticket defender and they said they will remove points and will make it small conviction.

Lets see

Thanks for reply

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Disobey Stop Sign 136 (1) (a) -- stopped just over the line?

smaps

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:26 pm

jsherk View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. disobey stop sign - stopped in the wrong place - hta136 1a

paradigm

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:54 am

Traffic Law View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Disobey Stop Sign/Fail to Stop-Back to Court on Same Ticket?

screwed-by-guys_in-blue

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:12 pm

screwed-by-guys_in-blue View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Disobey stop sign-stop on wrong place AND permit request

Dolittle

Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:39 am

Dolittle View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Charged with HTA 136 1 9 disobey stop sign, failed to stop

mel

Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:03 am

mel View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Disobey stop sign - Fail to stop HTA 136(1)(a)

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2 ]

ticketfighter

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:32 am

Proper1 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Disobey Stop Sign/ Fail to stop Sect 136 (1) (A)

aspar88

Thu May 14, 2009 9:15 pm

hwybear View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. So I got a Disobey Stop Sign/ Fail to stop Sect 136 (1) (A)

legendary04

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:12 pm

liveontheedge View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Disobey stop sign/fail to stop - How to use fatal error?

tdtd

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Disobey stop sign. Fail to stop. - ROAD WAS SLIPPERY! HELP!

kfrancisco

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:01 am

kfrancisco View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Disobey stop sign - fail to stop, HTA 136(1)(a)

driver

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Kev View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Disobey stop sign - fail to stop (on a snowy day)

FirstTimeOffender

Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:56 am

FirstTimeOffender View the latest post