Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

112km in an 80km first offense seeking advice
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:02 am 

Okay so basically like the topic says I need some advice.
I have my g2 n I'm reading a lot of stuff saying if I do get these 4 demerits it comes with a 30 day suspension of my license?

basically got pulled over 1.4k from getting on the 401 somewhere out by innerkip. according to them I was doing 112kmh in an 80, I have no excuse's I probably was I'm just wondering how this will affect my license, insurance and how to go about getting it dropped 3 km's to 29km's so it's only 3 points on my license.

any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Re: 112km in an 80km first offense seeking advice
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:20 am 

Just go to an early resolution meeting and they'll likely offer to drop it to 29km.

Yes, with a G2 you'll have your license suspended for 30 days as the charge currently stands.

Your insurance isn't going to get any worse or any better from 32 to 29. The surcharge remains the same. You'll pay the same thing either way. At this point you're just trying to avoid having your license suspended.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:32 am 

bend wrote:
Just go to an early resolution meeting and they'll likely offer to drop it to 29km.

Yes, with a G2 you'll have your license suspended for 30 days as the charge currently stands.

Your insurance isn't going to get any worse or any better from 32 to 29. The surcharge remains the same. You'll pay the same thing either way. At this point you're just trying to avoid having your license suspended.

okay thanks for the quick response. am I good to do the prosecutor by phone thing for that? as I live more than 75km's from Woodstock where I'd apparently have to go to court. or do I need to actually need to be there n take it to trial first than accept a plea for it to be dropped?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:51 am 

You'll have to read the options on your ticket. If you live a certain distance away from the courthouse, they may allow for a telephone meeting with the prosecutor. There may be a box to check mark on your ticket that discusses this exact option (eg. "□ I live more than 75 km from the courthouse listed below and I would like to meet the prosecutor by telephone").

You don't need to request a trial first.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:07 am 

bend wrote:
You'll have to read the options on your ticket. If you live a certain distance away from the courthouse, they may allow for a telephone meeting with the prosecutor. There may be a box to check mark on your ticket that discusses this exact option (eg. "□ I live more than 75 km from the courthouse listed below and I would like to meet the prosecutor by telephone").

You don't need to request a trial first.

Ya its there its what the officer suggested based on me living over an hour away. so just do that n basically say I'll plea out if they drop it to 29km over? or do i show remorse explain why I need a license n just hope he offers it? like i have open criminal charges in another city and a son kinda need a license plus it's my first driving offense etc. What ones more likely to work sir

pretty sure my criminal record/pending charges are why they didn't drop the speed at all. cop started dealing with me differently after he looked me up had his partner walk up to the car both times after that. Will the crown see my history or just this driving charge? or am I just screwed based off my history even tho it has nothing to do with driving.