Desperately Seeking Help.

Dean81

Desperately Seeking Help.

Unread post by Dean81 »

I forgot to pay some tickets that I had and as a result my license is now suspended and my insurance company is refusing to renew.

I have 1 speeding ticket, 2 failure to surrender Insurance and 1 handheld device ticket. What happened is, I got these tickets over 6 months ago in two separate incidents. Shortly thereafter, My 8 months pregnant wife went into labor. it was a very arduous and challenging labor process and both Baby and Mum were in a precarious situation at one point. Long story short, with all the turmoil in my life, I forgot about the tickets until 6 months later, I heard from my insurance company stating that my insurance was a non-renew. When I enquired why, I was told that my license was suspended.

All this time, I got absolutely zero communication from the city regarding the status of my tickets i.e. I was convicted in absentia. I filed a reopening request based on the fact that I never received any correspondence from the city and it was instantaneously denied.

At this point in time, I will have to quit my job, since it is not possible to get to my job via public transit, yet I don't think I'll be able to afford insurance given my non-renewal. I am really hoping to file an appeal and get some success, but I am clueless as to where to start.

Would anyone here be able to help me out ?

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

That's easily dealt with: Go pay your tickets, and that should lift your suspension. Once that's done (and you've confirmed that your license suspension has been lifted), go renew your insurance. Sure, it will be more expensive, but you won't know how much until you do it. And you certainly can't drive while you're suspended or without insurance.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca