A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
dkameka

90 Km/hr In A 60km/hr Zone..court Date Tomorrow

by: dkameka on

Any help appreciated!! Court Date Tomorrow Afternoon.

1) Officer didn't reduce the ticket at all.

2) I've selected option 2 - Early Resolution - Meet With a Prosecutor

My goal is to simply negotiate the charge to a lower offence.

My question:

Am I better off trying to negotiate the charge down to 75/km/hr in a 60km zone.....OR

Negotiate disobeyed legal sign charge?

I'm thinking the 15km/hr over being there is no demerit points and considered minor conviction?

Advice please...all I can get.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

dkameka wrote:Am I better off trying to negotiate the charge down to 75/km/hr in a 60km zone.....OR

Negotiate disobeyed legal sign charge?

- It's not a garage sale. You can pretty much take what they offer you or you can continue on with a trial.

- They are not going to offer you a completely unrelated charge when there's still room to reduce your speed.

- You'll likely be offered 15km over.

dkameka wrote:I'm thinking the 15km/hr over being there is no demerit points and considered minor conviction?

As already pointed out, you're only saving on the fine amount. If your record is clean of points, saving yourself from them isn't going to be a big achievement. Insurance doesn't use or care about points. They only care that you were convicted, points or no points.

Whether your insurance considers 30km over anything other than a minor offense is up to your provider. In most cases, you'll see no difference in 30km over versus 15km. You'll be treated pretty much the same.

Post a Reply