Does A Cop Write Anything On Back Of Their Copy Of Ticket ?

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: hwybear, Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

Decatur

Posting Awards

Unread post by Decatur »

In my experience, all of my evidence for a Part I is written on the back of the ticket and very little is in the notebook. The only thing in my notebook is simply a quick repeat of the very basic information found on the front of the ticket.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

ticket123 wrote:What does an officer write on the back of their copy that they would not write in their personal notes ?

Typically officers either make notes in their notebook or on the back of the ticket, not both. Or as Decatur said the notebook may have just a short entry recording the stop with all the details on the ticket itself. Not a hard and fast rule, but in my experience officers who are more traffic oriented make notes on the ticket, whereas others record everything in their notebook.

Typically the back of the ticket is provided automatically if that's where the actual notes are recorded. If the back of the ticket is blank, it isn't included.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

and why cut down more trees by photocopying the "front of a ticket" which the defendant already has, and/or the back when nothing is on it

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca