Help 3 Questions :)

A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
babyrocky1

Help 3 Questions :)

Unread post by babyrocky1 »

Ok So the past few months I've gotten some tickets

1. Turned right on a a sign that said no rights (I was having contractions I had my son 2 days later) I didnt say anything at the time because my other kids were in the car and I didn't want to worry them.

2. 20 over - speed limit was 40 (didn't see sign - not even sure if there was one) - at the most I was going 50(it was rush hour it wasn't even possible for me to go 60) Officer said I was going 60

3. Speeding "21" over - I was going with the speed of traffic the cop said I had changed lanes to pass some one who was going slower and then went back into the middle lane( I didn't I was in the middle lane the whole time - she didnt put that on the ticket) she also was trying to pull over the guy in front of me but he didn't stop so then she pulled me over. *nothing to do with me but she also slammed on the hood of someone else's car as I was puling away form receiving the ticket because they didn't go fast enough(she was an angry lady lol)

4. Turning right on a red when sign said not to. (I turned on a yellow) cop said to fight it and if they don't prop it to an infraction to see him at court.

OK so now for my questions

1. My insurance guy said if I get a ticket my insurance will DOUBLE (it is already 210 a month) When I'm fighting these in court what should I do? I've herd that it could be droped to an infraction or something like that but when you apply for insurance it asks if you have ever gotten a ticket would I have to tell the company about this?

2. for my 1st speeding ticket is it possible that he incorrectly radared me? ticket 3 can I explain that she was trying to pull someone else over and possibly mistaked their speed for mine?

3. Should I hire a ticket lawyer? are they worth the money?

P.S. not sure if this matters but every ticket were cops sitting waiting to pull people over :roll: .

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

Unread post by admin »

3. Try filling out the form at the bottom of the page to contact a traffic ticket agent to help with this case. And yes they are worth the money, as they know what to do that is best for your unique situation.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

Unread post by Simon Borys »

babyrocky1 wrote:

1. My insurance guy said if I get a ticket my insurance will DOUBLE (it is already 210 a month) When I'm fighting these in court what should I do? That's what this whole site is about, the answers are here, but they depend on what your intention isI've herd that it could be droped to an infraction or something like that but when you apply for insurance it asks if you have ever gotten a ticket would I have to tell the company about this?Dropped to an infraction? That doesn't really make sense, all tickets are technically infractions of the HTA. Sometimes a serious ticket can be plead down to a lesser offence, but that's still a ticket for the purpose of your driving record an insurance. Also, I think insurance companies are only concerned with convictions, not necessarily tickets, because if there was no conviction then no offence was committed

2. for my 1st speeding ticket is it possible that he incorrectly radared me? ticket 3 can I explain that she was trying to pull someone else over and possibly mistaked their speed for mine?Anything is possible and you can argue your point on either of those tickets if the matter is still before the courts and you select option 3 on the back - to have a trail. The Justice of the Peace will evaluate the credibility of your argument in the context of all the evidence at hand and make a judgment

P.S. not sure if this matters but every ticket were cops sitting waiting to pull people over :roll: .Should it matter if they caught you committing an offence while they were actually looking for people committing offences, as opposed to when they were doing something else?

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

Given the fact you have multiple infractions in a short period of time, I'd suggest hiring a paralegal. There's a form to fill out at the bottom of the page for a free quote.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca