401 - Chatham

User avatar
Radar Identified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2881
Joined:
Location: Toronto

Moderator

Unread post by Radar Identified on

That's great. Keeps your record clean and prevents an insurance increase. :)
tdrive2 wrote:And knowing R.I i assume his Civic would be Black?
Grey.
tdrive2 wrote:Ha i just though of a great license plate name to!
Hmm... that's tempting fate. Maybe I should get one that says: TICKETME. Actually my current plate is the generic four letters and three numbers format. Less conspicuous that way. :twisted:


User avatar
hwybear
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2933
Joined:
Location: In YOUR rearview mirror!

Moderator

Unread post by hwybear on

Radar Identified wrote:That's great. Keeps your record clean and prevents an insurance increase. :)
tdrive2 wrote:And knowing R.I i assume his Civic would be Black?
Grey.
tdrive2 wrote:Ha i just though of a great license plate name to!
Hmm... that's tempting fate. Maybe I should get one that says: TICKETME. Actually my current plate is the generic four letters and three numbers format. Less conspicuous that way. :twisted:
think a good one for you would be "FLY BY"
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca


User avatar
Reflections
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1490
Joined:
Location: somewhere in traffic

Moderator

Unread post by Reflections on

8 characters....hmmmmm, wosurplt, who's your pilot.....yeah baby. not that clear though....i'll stay at it.
http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com


User avatar
Radar Identified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2881
Joined:
Location: Toronto

Moderator

Unread post by Radar Identified on

hwybear wrote:think a good one for you would be "FLY BY"
Reflections wrote:8 characters....hmmmmm, wosurplt
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


tdrive2
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 346
Joined:

Unread post by tdrive2 on

Well bear just so you know i would never really "FLY BY"in that area you patrol.

A good speed there is about 114.4 km/h You know just so the radar wont round it up 8)

You know though sometimes if i see an officer parked on the side of the road or happen to noticing him doing some sort of speed enforcement.

I go in the right lane and do exactly 100 km/hr, sometimes they look at you funny as every thing else on wheels is flying by you.

In fact one time i had an officer follow me, he must have thought i "detected" him or something. It was really late at night and the flow of traffic was very fast 125 + and i was the only one on the road going 100, except for maybee a few slow trucks around 110.

It really depends but your area is bad for "speeding."

Lots of cops, mainly all patrolling 401, just 2 lanes, grass / gravel median where you can easily go X ways to do speed enforcement, and way less volume than gta = gives officers alot more time to deal with even the "slower speeders" that normally wouldnt even get a ticket for going 120-125 in the GTA area.

Do they ever enforce the "stop sitting in the passing lane", move to the right except to pass out where you are?


User avatar
Squishy
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 709
Joined:
Location: Orillia
Contact:

Unread post by Squishy on

I thought I read somewhere that radars will truncate instead of rounding, so 114.8 still becomes 114 to always err in favour of the driver.
         Image


User avatar
hwybear
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2933
Joined:
Location: In YOUR rearview mirror!

Moderator

Unread post by hwybear on

tdrive2 wrote:Well bear just so you know i would never really "FLY BY"in that area you patrol.It really depends but your area is bad for "speeding."

Lots of cops, mainly all patrolling 401,
We now are at 8 officers per shift....come September up to 9.
It is nice to have back-up close by. Last week we did the lidar intercept with 1 operator, 5 chase cars....and I was lucky to be a "floater" car past that location....again with lidar for those that thought they "passed them all"..... :evil:
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca


User avatar
Radar Identified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2881
Joined:
Location: Toronto

Moderator

Unread post by Radar Identified on

That's why they call the area the "Canadian Ohio." :wink:


tdrive2
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 346
Joined:

Unread post by tdrive2 on

I remember R.I tellin me that detachment at Chatam makes the Ohio Highway Patrol look like boy Scout's!

Man bear you guys must have so much fun at work

5 chase cars at one lidar trap crazy! :cry:

P.S i never asked you before. Whats your favorite vehicle to drive ?

I bet those Tahoe must be fun to drive with those massive 5 L + V8's.

Those new "ghost paint/marking" black undercover cars look cool as hell to. The back bumper looks nice as you approach and it gets some light looks really nice when it just sort of fades in.


User avatar
Radar Identified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2881
Joined:
Location: Toronto

Moderator

Unread post by Radar Identified on

Actually, NO ONE does traffic enforcement like the Ohio State Police. (Actually I guess it's the Ohio State Highway Patrol or something like that.) They ticket for as little as 2 MPH over the limit. They use aerial surveillance way more than the OPP. They go out in marked and unmarked cruisers and drive 1 MPH over the posted speed limit. Anyone who starts catching up to them they pull over. You can't drive anywhere on an Ohio road without seeing a cop.

They also have a really "interesting" trick that they use. Sometimes you'll see a late-model American car like an Impala going down an Ohio interstate doing close to 80 MPH. So people, thinking "hey, I've got free radar coverage," follow closely. Several miles down the road, a whole gang of Ohio state troopers pulls the entire line over. The late-model car was a "BAIT CAR" driven by a cop and everyone who sped up and followed him is now getting ticketed!! :twisted:


User avatar
racer
VIP
VIP
Posts: 959
Joined:
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Contact:

Unread post by racer on

Radar Identified wrote:Actually, NO ONE does traffic enforcement like the Ohio State Police. (Actually I guess it's the Ohio State Highway Patrol or something like that.) They ticket for as little as 2 MPH over the limit. They use aerial surveillance way more than the OPP. They go out in marked and unmarked cruisers and drive 1 MPH over the posted speed limit. Anyone who starts catching up to them they pull over. You can't drive anywhere on an Ohio road without seeing a cop.

They also have a really "interesting" trick that they use. Sometimes you'll see a late-model American car like an Impala going down an Ohio interstate doing close to 80 MPH. So people, thinking "hey, I've got free radar coverage," follow closely. Several miles down the road, a whole gang of Ohio state troopers pulls the entire line over. The late-model car was a "BAIT CAR" driven by a cop and everyone who sped up and followed him is now getting ticketed!! :twisted:
I think I'll be avoiding Ohio like plague! Or else, drive 55 km/h in a 55 mph, and ask "What's a mile?"
"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com


User avatar
Reflections
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1490
Joined:
Location: somewhere in traffic

Moderator

Unread post by Reflections on

Radar Identified wrote:The late-model car was a "BAIT CAR" driven by a cop
According to what was already written, anyone over 56 MPH will be a cop.... 'nough said.
http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com


User avatar
hwybear
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2933
Joined:
Location: In YOUR rearview mirror!

Moderator

Unread post by hwybear on

tdrive2 wrote:P.S i never asked you before. Whats your favorite vehicle to drive ?.
Image




Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca


Post Reply

Return to “Speed Traps”