Parking in A fire route ticket in a empty mall at 12am

magic_black
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Parking in A fire route ticket in a empty mall at 12am

by: magic_black on
Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:36 am

So I am pretty sure there is nothing I can do, and it will save me a headache if I just pay the ticket and move on with my life.

Here's my story to share:

I was in Missisauga on Dixie road looking for a ABM, found one in an EMPTY mall parking lot, pulled up to the curb ran in and was out in 2-3 minutes.

An unmarked vehicle pulled up as I walked out, the person came out and I thought it was security at first.

He said I was in a fire route, so i thought to myself Yikes........................I apologized out of courtesy and jumped in my car which was still running.

He then walked up before i could take off and handed me a ticket.

(Could i drove off if he didnt place the ticket on my dash and be unpeanalized?)

I was surprised as I assumed he was warning me once he made it clear I was in a fire route........thanked him for doing his job...........pleaded my case and exchanged words but no to avail.

I asked if he can forget about the matter as it was an honest mistake...........common courtesy (from him would be expected because last time I rembemer officers were human beings also) would come in play hear as I am the only car in an empty parking lot at 12am.

I said to him politly that he didn't have to be a p***k and forget about it and he replies back to me and says because you called me that........I was gonna rip up the ticket but now your on your own.

Fine, last time i rembemered once a ticket is issued its out of the officers hand and now in the hands of the courts, but could he of been telling the truth and disregared the ticket?

As I drove off, the punk officer drove up to another unmarked vehcile which was sitting in the parking lot (and i had seen them earlier but didn't realize they were anyone out of the ordinary or of authority)..............now i realized that i was basically stalked (from my perspective)....................he should be ticketing vehicles which are actually causing more disturbances in the community but instead he decides to up his ticket count while preying on unsuspected drivers while he is chit chatting during work hours.

Now aside from paying the ticket which i probably will......................is there any way I can make the officers job a little bit more irritating..................file a complaint of some sort?

It was unjust what he did, even though I wasn't paying attention which I am guilty of..................i still beleive we live in a world of leinincy.

Am I right to be a little ticked?


viper1
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:31 pm

by: viper1 on
Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:38 pm

magic_black wrote:So I am pretty sure there is nothing I can do, and it will save me a headache if I just pay the ticket and move on with my life.

Here's my story to share:

I was in Missisauga on Dixie road looking for a ABM, found one in an EMPTY mall parking lot, pulled up to the curb ran in and was out in 2-3 minutes.

An unmarked vehicle pulled up as I walked out, the person came out and I thought it was security at first.

He said I was in a fire route, so i thought to myself Yikes........................I apologized out of courtesy and jumped in my car which was still running.

He then walked up before i could take off and handed me a ticket.

(Could i drove off if he didnt place the ticket on my dash and be unpeanalized?)

I was surprised as I assumed he was warning me once he made it clear I was in a fire route........thanked him for doing his job...........pleaded my case and exchanged words but no to avail.

I asked if he can forget about the matter as it was an honest mistake...........common courtesy (from him would be expected because last time I rembemer officers were human beings also) would come in play hear as I am the only car in an empty parking lot at 12am.

I said to him politly that he didn't have to be a p***k and forget about it and he replies back to me and says because you called me that........I was gonna rip up the ticket but now your on your own.

Fine, last time i rembemered once a ticket is issued its out of the officers hand and now in the hands of the courts, but could he of been telling the truth and disregared the ticket?

As I drove off, the punk officer drove up to another unmarked vehcile which was sitting in the parking lot (and i had seen them earlier but didn't realize they were anyone out of the ordinary or of authority)..............now i realized that i was basically stalked (from my perspective)....................he should be ticketing vehicles which are actually causing more disturbances in the community but instead he decides to up his ticket count while preying on unsuspected drivers while he is chit chatting during work hours.

Now aside from paying the ticket which i probably will......................is there any way I can make the officers job a little bit more irritating..................file a complaint of some sort?

It was unjust what he did, even though I wasn't paying attention which I am guilty of..................i still beleive we live in a world of leinincy.

Am I right to be a little ticked?
If you car was running it it is not really parked. It was stopped.

You may be able to attend the ticket office and get it dropped there or reduced./not sure/

Cheers
Viper1
"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"


User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1092
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:04 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Posting Awards

Moderator

by: admin on
Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:40 pm

magic_black wrote: Now aside from paying the ticket which i probably will......................is there any way I can make the officers job a little bit more irritating..................file a complaint of some sort?

It was unjust what he did, even though I wasn't paying attention which I am guilty of..................i still beleive we live in a world of leinincy.

Am I right to be a little ticked?
You can learn how to file a complaint here: http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/reside ... ntsprocess

Another member posted about the rudeness of a parking officer as well here:

http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic2803.html

In general I find that most parking officers are just doing their jobs. If you think his approach or dealing with you was innappropriate the complaint procedure is there for you to utiliize :wink:


User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1092
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:04 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Posting Awards

Moderator

by: admin on
Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:51 pm

How to file a complaint regarding the
conduct of a City of Mississauga Parking
Enforcement Officer, Administrative staff
or services provided by Parking
Enforcement:

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/Comp ... ochure.pdf


OPS Copper
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:06 pm

by: OPS Copper on
Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:50 pm

What exactally is your complaint...You were parked in a fire route he gave you a ticket. It does not say no parking between such and such hours. It is 24 hours...So while you may have wanted a break he had no obligation to give it.

Seems like he did his job..If you are unhappy with that to bad. You parked there..

I have given that ticket out along with the handicap parking one late at night.

ops


magic_black
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:33 pm

by: magic_black on
Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:26 pm

My complaint is that instead of him patrolling the area.... He was socializing on duty hence, he was slacking off and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I received a fine for parking in the in the wrong spot which I was guilty of. But once I received my ticket he proceeded back towards the unmarked vehicle which all I know could of been a social visit and not a professional one seeing the other vehicle was also unmarked. So my case is that of some sort of Mis conduct. I have a family member who is a retired parking supervisor for Toronto and he will be consulting with him how to proceed. From his own lips he agreed that the ticket wasn't necessary and was a little suspicious of the officer not patrolling and being parked up with another unmarked at the time.
Thanks for all the advice everyone.


magic_black
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:33 pm

by: magic_black on
Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Misconduct may not be the right term.... And i don't agree with the ethics behind the ticket because I was in a deserted parking lot when I received the ticket But I assume u get the jist of it ops...... And your comment is based on your own opinion but I sense some sort of biasness seeing you are on the other side of the fence...... Thanks for your comment though.


OPS Copper
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:06 pm

by: OPS Copper on
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Mis conduct for not patrolling? Umm perhaps he was on his lunch break, Perhaps he was on his breaks. You are allowed to socialize even at work.

Good luck with that. Make sure you post here when they tell you the complaint is unfounded and vexatious and therefore dismissed.
'
Ops


User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1092
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:04 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Posting Awards

Moderator

by: admin on
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 pm

OPS Copper wrote:Mis conduct for not patrolling? Umm perhaps he was on his lunch break, Perhaps he was on his breaks. You are allowed to socialize even at work.

Good luck with that. Make sure you post here when they tell you the complaint is unfounded and vexatious and therefore dismissed.
'
Ops
+1


Mac004
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Oakville, Ontario

by: Mac004 on
Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:15 pm

There is no point to file a complaint; the ticket is vaild. Malls can catch on fire at any time of day or night lol.

parking enforcement is considered an absolute liability offence. It does not matter why you were there or if you feel the ticket is not valid. The officer just has to prove your vehicle was there.

Under most traffic by-laws: stopping/standing/parking are all considered "the momentary halting of a vehicle whether occupied or not". Stating that the vehicle was not parked will not get you off of the ticket.

Fight it, you will at least get 50% off or hope that the officer does not show up, or ask for disclosure. Most parking enforcement officers take photos to show the offence.

Tickets must be served to the vehicle, so next time just hop in and leave. Don't stay around to chat so that he can finish printing a ticket. Any driveways’ in the field must be voided.


User avatar
Simon Borys
VIP
VIP
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:20 am
Contact:

by: Simon Borys on
Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:23 pm

magic_black wrote:Am I right to be a little ticked?
With respect, no. I can appreciate that you're upset about the officer's lack of discretion in a situation that you, and probably many people, would consider warranted discretion, but nothing the officer did was improper. From what you described, you committed the offence, however briefly, and were ticketed from it. What the officer was doing before or after the ticket is irrelevant to the ticket itself and also to the officers (mis?)conduct. There are any number of perfectly legitimate reasons why 2 officers might be meeting, and even if it was for purely social, not work related, reasons - which you have no way of known - it doesn't change anything.

Also, as a side note, if the officer had already written the ticket and you drove off before he could serve it on you or affix it to your vehicle, I suspect the court would hold it to be still valid.

As a second side note, once the officer has written a ticket up (at least if it's a hand written ticket) he can still rip it up after it's been issued, just not after it's been submitted. I don't know if that holds true of electronically written tickets. You may or may not be able to delete them once written up.
http://www.boryslaw.ca
NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.


User avatar
Radar Identified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2881
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:26 pm
Location: Toronto

Moderator

by: Radar Identified on
Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Provincial Offences Act states that the parking ticket may be served either on the vehicle or the operator of the vehicle. If the person drives off, they'll simply send an officer and serve notice on the owner.
* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca


Mac004
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Oakville, Ontario

by: Mac004 on
Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Radar Identified wrote:Provincial Offences Act states that the parking ticket may be served either on the vehicle or the operator of the vehicle. If the person drives off, they'll simply send an officer and serve notice on the owner.
This is not a common practice for parking tickets.

I am not aware of any cities that would send an officer to serve a drive away ticket


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “Parking Tickets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest