ticket to change punctured tire on fire route

barraymian
ticket to change punctured tire on fire route

Unread post by barraymian on

hi all,

I got a ticket a few months ago for parking at the fire route, I have challenged it and got a court appearance in a couple of days and I wanted to find out what i can do. here is what happened

I was dropping a friend at his house and he lives in those housing complex at 1 am at night. As soon as I entered the complex, my car went over a beer bottle, shattering it which punctured my tire. I stopped the car in front of my friend's house to drop him, looked at the tire which had leaked more than half of the air already. I put the emergency lights on and started to jack up my car to change the tire. This is when a parking guy shows up, hands me a ticket for parking in the fire route and that is when I realized an obscure hidden "fire route, no parking sign" which is hidden behind a fence and a tree btw. I told him that "dude, I have a tire punctured, i am changing it" and his response was "good" and he took off.

I replaced the tire, went to Canadian tire the next day to get it fixed and they told me that the puncture was so bad that it couldn't be fixed and I had to buy a new tire. btw, i confirmed with another mechanic about the puncture and he also said that it couldn't be fixed.

So I also have the receipt for the new tire from CT

Now, should this not be a simple one to win in the court? Should I simply tell the judge what I described above?

any help will be greatly appreciated

thank you

beleafer81
Unread post by beleafer81 on

Sounds reasonable. Take some pictures of the obsured sign though. That is what your case is over.
It's not what you know, it's what you can prove - Alonzo Harris (Denzel Washington) in Training Day

Return to “Parking Tickets”