Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
vsandalwood

Illegal Left Turn Ticket

by: vsandalwood on

Today, I was in the left turn lane, on Scarlett Road, turning on to Eglinton, and I thought I went into the extreme left lane, then quickly moved to the right lane with a bit of a signal. The cop (who was VERY rude), told me to park in the middle of the road, yelled "MOVE UP", between the two solid yellow lines. First of all, that didn't feel very safe, with oncoming traffic, and on going traffic. Secondly, he gave me a ticket for $110 !!!! Third, he pulled over two of us and gave both of us tickets at the same time.

I felt it was a bit extreme. I remember quickly going into the extreme left. I would like to fight this ticket. Any info would be appreciated, I've never fought a ticket before, because I never get them!!

Also, was it legal for him to be parked with no hazards in the middle of 4 lanes of traffic, between two solid yellow lines? Is it legal for our two cars to be parked there as well?

I feel it is worth it to fight this ticket. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

PS. I thought the Cop would be a little nicer to a 8 1/2 month pregnant woman! I also wish that citizens could give extremely rude police officers ticket for being unkind. They can at least be nice about it when they take your money!!

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

vsandalwood wrote:I felt it was a bit extreme. I remember quickly going into the extreme left. I would like to fight this ticket.

You'll have to show in Court that you made a lawful turn into the correct lane and then made a lawful lane change afterwards. If you were just cutting through the far left lane during the course of your turn, I would say that isn't lawful. I would think you'd have to demonstrate that it wasn't one continuous motion.

vsandalwood wrote:Also, was it legal for him to be parked with no hazards in the middle of 4 lanes of traffic, between two solid yellow lines? Is it legal for our two cars to be parked there as well?

Police are allowed to direct/stop traffic as needed. It may not have been an ideal location to stop cars, but that doesn't do anything to negate your charge.

Post a Reply