A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

ME AGAIN

Speeding 5km Over But What If Disclosure Notes Missing Info?

by: ME AGAIN on

Was travelling SB on Mt Pleasant Rd in Toronto in the left lane, proceding down a hill, with a large SUV four car lengths ahead of me. Suddenly an officer walked onto the road and indicated to the SUV to pull over. Then suddenly he also motioned myself over. The SUV pulled to the curb lane and placed his four way flashers on, and I decided to enter into a driveway off the flow of traffic and directly beside the officer's vehicle. Officer informed me he had clocked me at 76 KM in a 60KM zone and requested my documents. Went to his car and I was questioning to myself how he could have clocked me with radar (not Lidar) when I was behind an SUV. Thought it best not to argue at the time, and when the officer returned he stated he had mercy on me as my driving record was clean and thus wrote me up for 5KM over, and a total $27.50 fine. He then motioned to the SUV to move on!!! Could the radar unit have picked me up if I was further up the hill than the large SUV when I was driving a Nissan Altima 2 door coupe?

I have requested a trial date, and once received will ask for full disclosure, but am thinking the mention of the SUV in front of me will not be in his notes, nor that it too had been motioned over.

My wife was also in the vehicle with me and witnessed the whole event and also questioned how could he clock me with a vehicle directly in front of me. Would she be able to testify in court of the SUV, or would this be looked on as an unfair witness being my wife?

I'm hoping with the request for a trial date, and requesting of disclosure notes, the ticket may be withdrawn due to the low amount of the fine?

ME AGAIN

by: ME AGAIN on

Is there a location at the court office where you can determine if the officer has appeared for court that day? I didn't see much of the officer who gave me a ticket and on court day I don't want the prosecutor making a deal with me prior to the trial to find out the officer wasn't there to testify.

Seems I recall many many years ago that there was a location in the court where the officers had to sign in to signify they were there?

Post a Reply