A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

DMS91

Plates Or License?

by: DMS91 on

Hey guys,

I should have asked this in my last post, so my apologies in advance for making a new post. I just have a few quick questions in regards to license plates and tickets/warnings.

If a police officer issues a ticket or warning for an offence, does that get noted on the records for the drivers' license *and* the plates of the vehicle?

If a note is made on the plates of the vechicle about the offence, would changing the plates (ie, buying a new set) remove that note, or be transferred to the next set?

Thanks for your help!

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

It get put into our in house records. It ties the vehicle plate and driver to the ticket or warning. Changing plates would have no change as you would still be tied to the old plates.

Our system runs the plate and takes the R/O information and pulls the hits for the r/o from our in house data base.

GS

DMS91

by: DMS91 on

Alright, thanks for the replies guys, but just to clarify my question;

Say I get pulled over in my blue mustang with plates "123 ABC" and am written a speeding ticket. Therefore, if at any time down the road an officer runs my plate 123 ABC through the system, it will show that there was a ticket issued.

Now, say something happened and I needed to get a new set of plates "456 DEF" for my blue mustang (same car). If an officer ran the plate 456 DEF through the system, would it show that the vehicle had been issued a ticket prior, or would it not get any hits?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance!!

Post a Reply