Our new Acts and By-Laws section...

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, Decatur, bend

User avatar
Squishy
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 709
Joined:
Location: Orillia
Contact:

Our new Acts and By-Laws section...

Unread post by Squishy on

Missing an "Offences under the Criminal Code" forum?

Also, "offence" in Canada, eh?
         Image


User avatar
hwybear
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2933
Joined:
Location: In YOUR rearview mirror!

Moderator

Unread post by hwybear on

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca


User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1073
Joined:
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Posting Awards

Moderator

Unread post by admin on

Squishy wrote: Also, "offence" in Canada, eh?
Thanks for the update eh...my spellng is bad u know :lol:


User avatar
Reflections
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1490
Joined:
Location: somewhere in traffic

Moderator

Unread post by Reflections on

admin wrote:Thanks for the update eh...my spellng is bad u know Laughing
Don't you have SPEEL Check???
http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com


User avatar
Proper1
Member
Member
Posts: 109
Joined:
Location: Caledonia, Ontario

Unread post by Proper1 on

Actually, the Canadian Oxford Dictionary does allow the variant offense, though it indicates that offence is the most common form here.

And, since we're dealing with spelling, will somebody with God powers fix "Fill out this Form if You want to Contact a Professional Paralegel Service Today," please? (In blue, above the X-Copper ad.) It's driving me nuts (and I have such a short distance to go).


User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1073
Joined:
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Posting Awards

Moderator

Unread post by admin on

Proper1 wrote:Actually, the Canadian Oxford Dictionary does allow the variant offense, though it indicates that offence is the most common form here.

And, since we're dealing with spelling, will somebody with God powers fix "Fill out this Form if You want to Contact a Professional Paralegel Service Today," please? (In blue, above the X-Copper ad.) It's driving me nuts (and I have such a short distance to go).
Done, and Done my friend...

Thanks for pointing that out!! :D


User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1073
Joined:
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Posting Awards

Moderator

Unread post by admin on

Reflections wrote:
admin wrote:Thanks for the update eh...my spellng is bad u know Laughing
Don't you have SPEEL Check???
I have the American version :P


Greatest Canadian
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 68
Joined:

Unread post by Greatest Canadian on

I think it would be helpful for your readers and improve the site if you add three things.

A section for Rules Of The Ontario Court In Provincial Offences Proceedings.

A section for Rules of the Court of Appeal in Appeals Under the Provincial Offences Act.

And the HTA set fine amounts for Part I of the POA.

I do not believe a link should be just added to the court procedure section, the rules and set fine should each have a stand alone section for quick reference.

Each set fines for each offence should be laid outin its own section, and not just add a link to the complete list of set fines.

If you're interested in adding these items to the board;

Here is the link to the POA rules of court.

http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highlight. ... g-200.html


Here is a link to the POA appeal rules of court.

http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highlight. ... 21-94.html


Here is a link to the HTA and Motorized Snow Vehicles Act
set fines.

http://www.ontariocourts.on.ca/ocj/en/s ... /index.htm






Post Reply

Return to “General Talk”