Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

2 tickets: Highway Traffic Acts 128, and 32 (1)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:06 am 

Hello everyone,

Today I got pulled over for speeding. I was in 70 km zone, but neglected to stay within that limit as I was following the flow of traffic. I followed a car going the similar speed as I was. Another car was behind me, about 100 metres, also going the similar speed. I admit, I neglected to notice how fast I was driving until a cruizer pulled me over. He said I was going 110 km. My excuse on the spot was that I was just following the speed of the driver ahead of me and neglected to check my speedometer. He jammed me with a Highway Traffic Act 128, speeding 110 km in a postd 70 km zone.

In addition, he also surprised me by telling me my license (full G which I recieved only the previous year) had been expired for almost 3 months! This really took me by surprise as I had no idea! Im always very organized with my paperwork, and had I recieved something in my mail about renewal of the license, I would have dealt with it right away. The truth is, I just didn't notice my expiry date on my license.

The funny thing is I visited the LCBO a few times this summer and they always asked to check my Id. Nobody had ever noticed my expired date!

Nevertheless, the MTO should have sent me a renewal notice, no?

He jammed me with a second ticket: highway traffic act 32(1) - drive motor vehicle no license. $325. Im in shock. This was a very unlucky night for me.

The officer told me to go to court for my speeding ticket. I will do so. He never mentioned anything about the second ticket.

Should I also take the second ticket to court?

I am also wondering how this will look on my record. Im currently going through ATS examinations to become a cop myself, and I am worried how this will impact my application.

Please advise, any help is mich appreciated.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. FAIL TO YIELD TO TRAFFIC ON THROUGH HIGHWAY

KEN

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:58 am

Bookm View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Failing to Yield to traffic on a through Highway

yaris15

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Fail to Yield To Traffic in Through Highway

Sab

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Traffic Law View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Longboarding and the Highway Traffic Act

JayEmSee

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 pm

FyreStorm View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Highway designated for one-way traffic - Section 153

admin

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:43 pm

admin View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ontario Highway Traffic Act Section 75 (1)

MazdaMX3

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. My ticket: Contrary to THE HIGHWAY TRAFFIC ACT 32(1)

sherioteri

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:47 am

hwybear View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Fail to yield to traffic on through highway (Collision)

someone

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:13 pm

pvotrainer View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. need advice on HIGHWAY TRAFFIC section 144(9),

simplymoom

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:24 am

simplymoom View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. highway traffic act schedules and codes

mrchris111

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:08 pm

hwybear View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. impeding the flow of traffic on a highway, what is section?

orillia3

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Stanton View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Does the Highway traffic act apply to OPP ?

Twojacks

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:44 pm

OPS Copper View the latest post