A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Mazgazine1

How Do I Reduce The Charge Of An Expired License Plate?

by: Mazgazine1 on

I read this topic about an expired license plate:

http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic3100.html

A forum member in that topic (named Stanton) said "If it's the cost of the fine that's your concern, request a first attendance meeting with the Crown Prosecutor. Show them proof that you renewed your plate right away and they'll probably offer you a significantly reduced fine (possibly $40-$50) if you plead guilty."

I am in London, Ontario, and I had asked to dispute the charge (its an extra $110 over top of the renewal of $75, I didn't want to pay that much of a penalty...). My court date is March 15th, and I have my receipts and information to prove that I was able to renew my plate as soon as I could. (I was on the highway, had to drive to Woodstock for the renewal).

Where do I go get the information to call the Crown Prosecutor? Is it possible to do this before the court date? I wish I found this forum earlier, so I wasn't clogging up the court system.. The phone numbers given on this site are for the court house on 80 Dundas Street , where as my court date is at 824 Dundas street.

Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks!

viper1

by: viper1 on

Mazgazine1 wrote:I read this topic about an expired license plate:

http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic3100.html

A forum member in that topic (named Stanton) said "If it's the cost of the fine that's your concern, request a first attendance meeting with the Crown Prosecutor. Show them proof that you renewed your plate right away and they'll probably offer you a significantly reduced fine (possibly $40-$50) if you plead guilty."

I am in London, Ontario, and I had asked to dispute the charge (its an extra $110 over top of the renewal of $75, I didn't want to pay that much of a penalty...). My court date is March 15th, and I have my receipts and information to prove that I was able to renew my plate as soon as I could. (I was on the highway, had to drive to Woodstock for the renewal).

Where do I go get the information to call the Crown Prosecutor? Is it possible to do this before the court date? I wish I found this forum earlier, so I wasn't clogging up the court system.. The phone numbers given on this site are for the court house on 80 Dundas Street , where as my court date is at 824 Dundas street.

Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks!

It is not really a big deal.

Is your time worth it?

Do you want just to keep your license clean?

It is not easy to deal with court process.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Post a Reply