brijeshsoni1111

Following Too Closely Offence

by: brijeshsoni1111 on

Last Friday i was going home from work. it was snowing and the roads were slippery. I was driving after a Mazda car and we reached intersection of Eglingtion and Terry Fox (We all were gonna turn left). The guy driving before the Mazda car stopped because of red signal and the Mazda car driver was unable to break her self and hit the car from the back.

As i was driving after the Mazda car i didn't wanted to hit her from back hence i tried to move the car in next lane but my left Bumper hit the break and signal light of the Mazda car.

The cop was called because the Mazda car hit the car before very badly. The officer had prepared accident report and gave me and the Mazda driver ticket.

I requested the cop not to give me ticket because the Mazda car stopped all of sudden i was having no choice and because of Icy road the break was not working well as well.

But he gave me ticket of $110 and 4 points from Follow to closely.

Can u please help me out to find what can be done in this case??

Bookm

by: Bookm on

This is why following distances are to be adjusted according to conditions. The charge was appropriate. I've been hit from the rear 3 times so it is a pet-peeve of mine.

Reflections

by: Reflections on

Bookm wrote:This is why following distances are to be adjusted according to conditions. The charge was appropriate. I've been hit from the rear 3 times so it is a pet-peeve of mine.

If you can't stop in time, you were following too close for the conditions. I would rather get home 5 minutes later then sit and argue about this in the cold.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply