Ontario Highway Traffic Act - Failing to signal
badday

Failing To Signal When Making U-turn

by: badday on

The whole story goes as follows.

I was going to work, but I decided to make a right turn (when I should have waited at the red light and made a left). However during the right turn, the light has no effect since I have a stop sign telling me to stop. There's an island separating right turns from going straight and left turns. Anyways after I made right turn, I realized that I did wrong thing out of habit (I always make right turns when I go out chilling with friends). So I said ooops, damn ok I have to make U-turn. and when I made U-turn, I see the cop right in front of me.....

well the rest is history and im stopped.

i got three tickets in total, one for failing to stop at red light (when if anything I had a stop sign) second one for not presenting insurance (I didn't have it with me) and finally failing to signal. i believe he cited it under HTA as 142(1).

the cop wrote "Fail to signal for turn".

I was charged 85 and with tax 110.

I would appreciate any help or advice you guys have on fighting this, along with my other charges????

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

what intersection is this?

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
badday

It was on Dixon and Chetta Dr.

or Dixon and Wincott Dr. depending which way you're coming.

Basically in Dixon Rd, but between Islington and Kipling

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

"badday" just for others clarity..... can you copy or quote which of the below applies for you

WB Dixon Road (controlled by traffic signal)

- designated left turn lane

- L1 straight thru

- L2 straight thru

- L3 straight thru

- about 10m (2 car lengths prior to intersection) L3 has a merge ramp to the right to head NB on Chetta Place. When the ramp comes to Chetta Place there is a stop sign.

EB Dixon Road (controlled by traffic signal)

- designated left turn lane

- L1 straight thru

- L2 straight thru

- L3 straight thru

NB Chetta Place

- one lane, possibly two vehicles wide

SB Wincott Drive (controlled by traffic signal)

- L1 (only one lane)

- about 10m (2 car lengths prior to intersection) L1 has a merge ramp to the right to head EB on Dixon Road. When the ramp comes to Dixon Road there is a stop sign.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
badday

hwybear wrote:"badday" just for others clarity..... can you copy or quote which of the below applies for you

SB Wincott Drive (controlled by traffic signal)

- L1 (only one lane)

- about 10m (2 car lengths prior to intersection) L1 has a merge ramp to the right to head EB on Dixon Road. When the ramp comes to Dixon Road there is a stop sign.

Thanks for your consideration hwybear.

My problem was

I was coming out of the building 11 Wincott Dr,

What happened is, I went to make a right turn on the specified ramp to go East Bound in Dixon Road.

As I was going Eastbound I made a U-turn, and began to go west bound,

After I went through the intersection at Wincott/Chetta AND DIXON RD,

I was pulled over.

Again my tickets were no insurance (I do i just didn't have with me), failing to signal and not stopping at red light. (when if anything I had a stop sign not a red light since I went through the ramp).

Post a Reply