Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
tazzi

Red Light Camera Offence Gta

by: tazzi on

I received a red light camera system offence offence notice which shows 2 pictures of my car proceeding thru the intersection .1st pic shows my car at the white line before the crosswalk when the light turned red for 0.3 secs and second picture shows my car clearing the intersection at 1.3 secs.The speed shown for my car on the notice was 55. The speed limit was 60. I was quite beside myself when I saw the ticket as I have never received any tickets in the past including speeding.I always comply with the road regulations. I am trying to figure out why/how this would have happened.I would never go through red lights.

Should I fight this or pay the $180 ?The notice says no demerit points or license suspension.The sub-section quoted is 144 (18.1).

Will my insurance go up ?

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Your insurance will not go up, because this type of offence does not go on your driver record and they don't have access to information on these types of "photographed" charges (photo radar, red light camera). You are being charged as the vehicle owner.

tazzi

by: tazzi on

So I guess I would need to go to trial for this in order to get a plea bargain .How long does that take usually ?

If I see the JP and plead guilty before the 15 days ,would I be able to obtain a reduced fine.How does that work ?

Good to know my insurance won't be affected.

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Depending on city, it could be up to 8 months. You do not have to pay the fine while you are waiting to be found guilty/non-guilty either.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply