Location of infraction inaccurate

Hensta
Location of infraction inaccurate

Unread post by Hensta on

Hi there.

Today I received a ticket which claimed I was going 57 km in a 40 km zone. There was a tripod and a radar gun set-up at that location.
But the address of where this infraction occurred, as indicated on the ticket, was not where I got pulled over.
I checked the street number indicated on the ticket and that area is actually a 50 km zone.

Is this considered a fatal error? Do I plead not guilty and request a trial date or can this type of error be handled without a trial.

Thanks in advance,

hwybear

Unread post by hwybear on

The offence location on the ticket should be where the offence took place, not where the vehicle is stopped.
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca

Hensta
Unread post by Hensta on

Oh ok in that case if the location indicated on the ticket should be where the offense took place, but that location was actually a 50 km zone and not 40 km as stated in the 'offense committed description', would you say that is a good enough case to get off the hook for the fines/points or at least a re-assessment of the fine (57 km in a 50 km zone)

hwybear

Unread post by hwybear on

i do not know why any # is wrote on the offence address either....seems unusual, unless of course on "Highway #"
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca

Hensta
Unread post by Hensta on

Interesting. The process took only 2 minutes .. from getting pulled over getting a ticket and then driving away.

I didn't speak a word and he mentioned at the end to book a trial date to have your fines reduced. Maybe he intentionally put a number on the address to let me fight off the ticket easier ... Would be strange if that's the case...

Anyways any opinions on how I can present a defense would be appreciated. I've read the ticket combat website but still not sure how to put up my argument if the cop decides to say it was a typo in court

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 16 to 29 km/h”