Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Driving 80 km/hr in 60 zone, Don Mills and Eglinton
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:57 am 

Need Some Help,
In April 2014, I got two tickets.
1- Was failed to provide insurance pink slip. (I forgot to keep the current copy of pink slip in car). I had it at home.

2 - Driving 80 Km / Hr in speed zone of 60 km / HR (Eglinton west of Don Mills), There is a speed trap there, road goes down hill and its very easy to attain that speed, and while in same speed I changed my lane from extreme left to center lane.

I was reading these forums, and there is a term used ask for disclosure, I am not sure what is that and how to get that????

I choose option 3 to defend and court date is Oct 9th. Please help me explaining best options for me.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Driving 80 km/hr in 60 zone, Don Mills and Eglinton
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 am 

ramessazeem wrote:
Need Some Help,
1- Was failed to provide insurance pink slip. (I forgot to keep the current copy of pink slip in car). I had it at home.

2 - Driving 80 Km / Hr in speed zone of 60 km / HR (Eglinton west of Don Mills), There is a speed trap there, road goes down hill and its very easy to attain that speed, and while in same speed I changed my lane from extreme left to center lane.

I was reading these forums, and there is a term used ask for disclosure, I am not sure what is that and how to get that????

I choose option 3 to defend and court date is Oct 9th. Please help me explaining best options for me.

Any help is appreciated.

The posts on this topic is endless. Impossible to miss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:28 am 

ramessazeem wrote:
Need Some Help,

If you show up to court with proof of insurance during the time you were pulled over, they'll tell you that they can drop this ticket if you plead guilty to the other one.

ramessazeem wrote:

You do not have a defense here. Going down hill or using the left lane is not a defense for speeding.

ramessazeem wrote:

There's tons of information here regarding disclosure. It will show how/when/where the officer attained your speed and other relevant information to how you were charged. You can send a letter/fax to the Prosecutors' office at the court house where your trial is taking place. You can find different templates all over. Places like the City of Toronto provide a fill in the blank form if you need one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:10 pm 

Sample Disclosure Form: topic2959.html