wyld187

G License Bac Below .05

by: wyld187 on

Hi

Yesterday I was stopped by ride. They asked me to take a breathalyzer. I did drink some beer but limited myself as I knew I was driving home.

Anyways the reading was .03. I have a G license and my age is 30. After the breathalyzer the officer asked me to go to my car and she would update her book with my information. After this was done she provided me my license / registration / insurance and I was on my way (ie no ticket).

My question is will this incident be on my driving record? Will it affect my insurance in any way? I guess I am concerned because she wrote my information and i am not sure why. But from what I understand under .05 bac in my scenario is legal?

Hope to hear back soon. Thanks.

tdottopcop

by: tdottopcop on

OPS Copper wrote:No there will be no record of it

Ops

Not necessarily entirely true... correct, there will be no record of it on your driver's licence or abstract or anything like that, but there may be a police record containing all of your information as to why you were stopped and the outcome of the investigation. These records are held by the police and kept 'in house' (ie not used for insurance, not on your DL, etc)

No, I am not the chief of Toronto Police.
No, I do not work for Toronto Police...
... it is just a name folks :)
diehard

by: diehard on

tdottopcop wrote:
OPS Copper wrote: These records are held by the police and kept 'in house' (ie not used for insurance, not on your DL, etc)

Do they share this 'in house' database with US customs? For example, if you enter the USA at any border, can US Homeland check that info?

diehard

OPS Copper wrote:No.

Sorry to insist, are you sure about that?

I understand a criminal record/conviction information is shared, but aren't charges not shared with the the USA too?

I recall reading an article stating that the Harper government was sharing everything with Uncle Sam.

diehard

OPS Copper wrote:it is not a criminal charge. In fact in this case it is not a charge at all.

OPS

I was referring to criminal charges (drug possession, DUI, fraud, etc).

Is that internal database shared too?

kristen

by: kristen on

You might not have any record but that's not sure.. when BAC level exceeds 0.5 only ticket is been given.. as she is having your information it's not completely a criminal charge... Don't worry

Post a Reply