Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

G2 driver BAC over zero (31mg) should i fight it
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:36 pm 

so new years eve i went out drinking with some buddies and stayed the night in the morning i proceeded to drive home where i was stopped doing 102km in an 80km zone the officer immediately asked for a breathalizer and i blew .031 (under warn but over zero) i that i against the law however i will not be able to pay for insurance if i plead guilty. i was only fined for being over zero not for speeding he kinda cut me a break their...... also when my parents came to get me he took down my dads info and gave him my drivers license back (kept my dads) he realised and stopped my mother and gave her my dads license but never asked to have my license back. At the moment i have a 24h suspension $110 fine i don't know if i get a 30 day suspension. just would like to know if u guys think i have a reasonable chance of getting it reduced or something since i did stay the night i have never had a ticket, warning or any other run in with the law just want some advice thanks

Re: G2 driver BAC over zero (31mg) should i fight it
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:40 pm 

sorry i just realized i posted this in the complete wrong section and one more thing does anybody know how long this will stay on my record for i convicted?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:18 pm 

Generally convictions stay on your "driving record " for insurance purposes about 3 years.

Off the top of my head, I believe it does carry an immediate 30 day suspension for violating your G2 conditions. You should know that most suspension stay on your record for in the are of 6 years. You can try to contest it but you will have to prove that the alco test wasn't functioning properly and wasn't calibrated. They are recalibrated ever week or so.

If in your area you have First Attendance Meeting I'd suggest going as there is nothing to lose.

In the end, dont drink and drive.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:40 am 

yes i know you shouldn't drink and drive i had no idea it was still in my system as i said i stayed the night assuming that it would be gone by the next morning
you don't think their is any chance of saying that i did exercise caution by staying the night (that's what they always teach us call a cab have a dd or stay the night) i had no idea of knowing that i their was still alcohol in my system
i don't particularly want to fight the breathalizer because i imagine it was working fine i just feel like i did what the police say to do by staying the night and it wasn't good enough

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:48 am 

The average person expels /processes about 15mg of alcohol per hour. So you probably would have some high readings if you were caught driving the previous night.

I would suggest first attendance meeting if your jurisdiction has it.