stormsam

Court Date Set - How To Proceed

by: stormsam on

I recieved a ticket for 84km in a 50km in a community safety zone. I went to my first appearance and pled not guilty. The prosecution gave me the disclosure in court but it was missing a few things. I am going to request some extra items including

A full copy of the manual for the speed-measuring device used by the officer

Calibration Certificate for the Radar

Date of last Calibration for Radar

Calibration Certificate for any calibration equipment

Certificate of Conformance

Industry Canada certificate certifying that the unit has been approved for use in Canada

Is there anything else that i am missing or that may help? The officers notes seem complete with radar testing times ect. They only gave one page of the radar manual. Should i ask for the whole thing?

They did not provide proof of the bylaw for the community safety zone and i am not going to ask for it so I am thinking I should be able to get that removed. Has anyone done that before?

I'm just not sure what to do to prepare a defense. Any help would be appreciated.

stormsam

by: stormsam on

I faxed it through so we will see what they say, I figure it can't hurt. What do you think about the community safety zone part, if they haven't provided me with a copy of the by law proving it is a community safety zone will that part get thrown out and they still keep the speeding part of it?

Post a Reply